Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1840275 - 08/07/13 06:23 PM Structure of Operations Department
KimC Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
We are looking at how we have our ops department structured and are wondering what other banks are doing. We currently have a DP, callcenter/bookkeeping and IT department. We are curious who does your ebanking products? Do you have just call center staff or do they have other duties? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1841385 - 08/09/13 08:43 PM Re: Structure of Operations Department KimC
StacyNBS Offline
New Poster
StacyNBS
Connecticut
In my past life we spun off the echannels to its own team. We handled ATM/Debit cards, VRU, Online Banking and ATM terminals. It was aligned so that my position as manager of eBanking was in line with the manager of Deposit Ops and we both reported up to the Operations Officer. Her team managed all the other Deposit related operations functions.

After I left, they ended up rolling the call center and the telephone, online and eventually mobile banking into a "virtual bank" and threw the ATM/Debit stuff back to Operations.

I don't think there is only one way. You need to look for synergies and do what works best for your institution. Hope this give you a couple ideas.

I saw a bank that said '24 Hour Banking,' but I don't have that much time. ~Steven Wright

Return to Top
#1841468 - 08/12/13 01:49 PM Re: Structure of Operations Department KimC
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we have a small business banking unit with its own OLB system, and Treasury Services for corporate cash management users with a seperate AOLB system...

Return to Top