Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1842043 - 08/13/13 04:01 PM Changing Branch Hours
DepositOps Offline
We are reviewing our branch hours and may be making some changes. What kind of notifications do we need to do in VA as far as notifying the regulators? I have found information on closing or relocating, but not on just changing hours. As far as customer notification, can we simply post notice at the branch in advance as opposed to doing a mailing?

Return to Top
#1846780 - 08/28/13 06:07 PM Changing Branch Hours DepositOps
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
DO,

It's been a while since I handled Virginia branches. But, I am with you -- all I can find is relocating and closing. I've glanced back through Virginia's Banking laws and see nothing else.

I don't really see them getting concerned with a branch that may decide to open at 10:00am rather than 8:30am or 9:00am. Or a branch that closes the lobby between 12:00pm and 2:00pm, but keeps the drive-thru open. To be on the safe side, perhaps a courtesy letter to the Bureau of Financial Institutions may be wise.

While you dabble with bank operating hours, don't forget about your CRA Public File (hours of operation).

We recently changed our hours at a rural branch (not VA). Small staff, small town, so it now closes at lunch. We did both a lobby notice for 60 days, as well as notices via statements targeted to the customers of that branch. We were able to add a 2-sentence disclosure on the periodic statements themselves, so no additional postage costs. Went rather smoothly.

MarkB

Return to Top