Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1849860 - 09/09/13 02:26 PM Closing a Branch Office on Saturdays
Kompliance Offline
Pennsylvania
We are a bank out of PA that is in the process of aquiring a bank in Ohio. We plan on closing one of the Ohio branches on Saturdays because of staffing reasons. We were told by the employees that we can't do this without regulatory approval because of "Ohio State Laws". I can't find anything on this. Anyone have any insight??

Return to Top
#1849881 - 09/09/13 03:11 PM Re: Closing a Branch Office on Saturdays Kompliance
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't see anything. If they are sure, then I would be asking them or call the Ohio Department of Banking or equivalent.

Return to Top
#1854691 - 09/23/13 08:04 PM Re: Closing a Branch Office on Saturdays rlcarey
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
They may be referring to the Ohio Revised Code reference to change of banking operations:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/11

1117.03 Banking office schedules.

(A) A bank may propose to operate a banking office on a less than full-time basis, whether it be regular, intermittent, or occasional.

(B) If a proposed banking office is to be operated by use of a mobile facility, it may do business at more than one identified location.

(C) A bank that establishes a banking office shall notify the superintendent of financial institutions prior to doing either of the following:

(1) Changing the banking office's schedule of operation from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time;

(2) If the banking office is operated by use of a mobile facility, adding or eliminating any location at which the banking office transacts business within the banking office's service area or changing the banking office's schedule of operation.

Effective Date: 01-01-1997

Also, there is not a Ohio Department of Banking, it is The Ohio Division of Financial Institutions, (ODFI).

Return to Top