Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#185091 - 04/29/04 07:31 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As big of a Cubs fan as I am, and even though there are no World Series' rings (or even games) I can pick, there have been some exciting moments... however, that said, and after I have puked from reading the Packer love (even though I am a Brett Favre fan) - may I introduce to you the moment all Chicagoans love:

Da Bears!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#185092 - 04/29/04 07:35 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
As a Cubs fan (and I come by it honestly having lived in Glen Ellyn) I can appreciate some of those ups and downs with the Cubs. It made me sad to see Walter Peyton's picture. What! NO BULLS Dave!!??

Return to Top
#185093 - 04/29/04 07:39 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope - Pro basketball bores the heck out of me. I enjoyed the first couple of rings - big Horace Grant fan - I am not a fan or Jordan - his talent is unquestionable - I just don't like him as a person which resulted in never really being a fan.

Return to Top
#185094 - 04/29/04 07:40 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

As a Cubs fan (and I come by it honestly having lived in Glen Ellyn) I can appreciate some of those ups and downs with the Cubs. It made me sad to see Walter Peyton's picture. What! NO BULLS Dave!!??

Did you grow up in Glen Ellyn? I have a lot of friends from there, all 40 - 42 years old.

Return to Top
#185095 - 04/29/04 07:41 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
The Packers in the Super Bowl will always be my best sport memory and of course Brett Favre. I am not sure if anyone will be able to replace him. He is awesome.
Sorry everyone, I will die a true Packer fan. Go Pack Go.

Return to Top
#185096 - 04/29/04 08:17 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I'm sure the other Patriots fans on here will echo me - I hate the Packers and I hate the Bears! But that's OK - good things come to those who perservere. Now I'm sure that Rams fans and Panthers fans say they hate the Patriots.

Return to Top
#185097 - 04/29/04 09:15 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
Everyone is entitled to their choice of teams that they wish to back and I respect that. I would never say that I hate another team but I would say that I love the Packers. I hope that Beagle22 backs me up on this one.

Return to Top
#185098 - 04/29/04 09:28 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I’ve lived in WI my whole life yet I’ve never been a Packer fan. They have one of the best quarterbacks that’s ever played and they have some of the most loyal fans. Still, I love to see them lose. I can’t explain my dislike for them, maybe it’s the ugly colors. Although, the only team I won’t root for against the Packers is the Cowboys, just can’t do that. I’m a 49er fan.

Anyway, it’s all just a game.

My favorite sports memory is 1982, the Brewers in the world series. It would be an even more memorable moment if they had won. But seeing Robin Yount cruising around County Stadium on his dirtbike after the series with chants of “MVP” was awesome.

Return to Top
#185099 - 04/29/04 10:39 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Birth State: driving to Pitt to see Marino play. Driving to Penn State for a game and watching it in the parking lot on a TV because it was so cold.

Adopted State: 12/12/99 Cowboys 20 Eagles 10 Only time I've been to Texas Stadium and it was incredible.

Current State: 93, 94, 96 Superbowls-great parties, great outcomes.

Return to Top
#185100 - 04/30/04 02:45 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
My favorite football moment:

Sitting in Texas Stadium watching the Cowboys beat the Packers. (Can you tell I am a Cowboy fan that grew up in Packer Country? How irritating that was!)

Return to Top
#185101 - 04/30/04 06:14 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Geez! Beat on the cheezeheads and then switch to Chicago sports? Bears, Sox, Cubs...not! Try Blackhawks! That's the sport in Chicago that was worth watching.

Return to Top
#185102 - 04/30/04 06:47 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
JeloQuen Offline
JeloQuen
Middle America
Growing up in High School basketball country! Say 61-77
IHSA
Or how about listening to the world series in 67, (at school no less) and my dad bringing home a home run ball!

Return to Top
#185103 - 04/30/04 08:23 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their choice of teams that they wish to back and I respect that. I would never say that I hate another team but I would say that I love the Packers. I hope that Beagle22 backs me up on this one.

I even can't hate the Vikings (although I have had some pressure to do so) because it is so much fun having the fun of having a team that you can have such a rivalry with! The Bears and Vikings games are the most fun because we are all so close together and we all have mixed fans in all the states. The discussions get so lively

Return to Top
#185104 - 04/30/04 08:29 PM Re: What is your best sports memory from your state?
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

how about listening to the world series in 67, (at school no less) and my dad bringing home a home run ball!

Shannon or Maris?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2