Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 50 of 52 1 2 48 49 50 51 52
Thread Options
#1850967 - 09/11/13 03:40 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I tried the sample and was not impressed with her writing style. But obviously a lot of people (out there, not necessarily on BOL) like the story, or it wouldn't have done so well. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1850971 - 09/11/13 03:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
I'd prefer a little Barron's myself. ::swoon::

Return to Top
#1850977 - 09/11/13 03:54 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Post-it Offline
Post-it
Midwest
My husband is a huge Sons of Acharcy fan. When I told him 'Jax' was playing Christian in Fifty he was not happy. Lol he says they are two completely opposite roles that will conflict with each other...

I think he is just mad cause he knows I only watch Sons with him because of 'Jax'...now I will have even more of a reason to watch the show (after seeing Fifty I won't have to imagine anymore) smirk whistle

Return to Top
#1850980 - 09/11/13 03:59 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Sci_Comply
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
I'd prefer a little Barron's myself. ::swoon::

Watchout, we get pretty territorial about him around here!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1851010 - 09/11/13 04:36 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
I'm a fan of 50. Actually, a huge fan. Christian's character broke my heart every time. (I read the series 3 times) I think all the stupid media junk misrepresented the story. Yes, it is a story about 2 young people from very different lives who meet and fall in love in their own peculiar way.

Don't watch Sons of Anarchy. Just by his pictures, I don't see a comparison, but hopefully, he will seem closer to the mark while playing the role.

Return to Top
#1851015 - 09/11/13 04:38 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler The Minion
peony Offline
Gold Star
peony
Originally Posted By: Steeler Minion
I'm a fan of 50. Actually, a huge fan. Christian's character broke my heart every time. (I read the series 3 times) I think all the stupid media junk misrepresented the story. Yes, it is a story about 2 young people from very different lives who meet and fall in love in their own peculiar way.

Don't watch Sons of Anarchy. Just by his pictures, I don't see a comparison, but hopefully, he will seem closer to the mark while playing the role.

^^^ ditto. i'm curious to see how the actor and actress will do in this movie. they don't seem to look like the charactors of the book series.

Return to Top
#1851032 - 09/11/13 05:05 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
No portrayal ever looks like I envision a character from a book. I look for the way they act as the book character. If it's believable or not. When you're reading a book, the picture pops in your head, and it's never the same as someone else's version.

Return to Top
#1851034 - 09/11/13 05:18 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
So true, Steeler Minion. That's what's so great about books, you get to imagine things in your own way. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1851052 - 09/11/13 05:46 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
My fantasies are always better than reality. (Wow, that doesn't sound good.) I guess that's why I read a lot too Mani.

Return to Top
#1851072 - 09/11/13 06:13 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler The Minion
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
No portrayal ever looks like I envision a character from a book. I look for the way they act as the book character. If it's believable or not. When you're reading a book, the picture pops in your head, and it's never the same as someone else's version.

I usually feel the same way except for the Harry Potter characters. They were all brilliantly cast, in my opinion.

Return to Top
#1851073 - 09/11/13 06:16 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Ditto, Okie! I think that's the only movie adaptation that I've ever enjoyed just as much as the books...AND felt like they nailed the characters.

Return to Top
#1851075 - 09/11/13 06:20 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
peony Offline
Gold Star
peony
whenever i think of christian, ian somerhalder comes to my mind. :swoon:

Return to Top
#1851333 - 09/12/13 10:57 AM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
I had to look him up, Peony, and I have to agree with you. He is the closest that I ahve ever seen.

BTW, I love peonies. They are in my top 10 flowers. grin

Return to Top
#1851367 - 09/12/13 01:32 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler The Minion
peony Offline
Gold Star
peony
he plays on 'the vampire diaries' show.

peonies and hydrangeas are my favorite. they were my wedding flowers. smile

Return to Top
#1860846 - 10/11/13 03:33 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'm so far behind in my reading. But I have no trouble acquiring them, darn the easy Amazon download. Even when not reading I feel the need to hoard books. I've got that down pat. My TBR pile just keeps growing.

Return to Top
#1860855 - 10/11/13 03:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Ditto, Okie, I don't even know what's on my kindle anymore. cry

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1860859 - 10/11/13 03:44 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Not you too manimal?!

Return to Top
#1860891 - 10/11/13 04:02 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
OMG your tagline! laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1861374 - 10/15/13 02:19 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: manimal
OMG your tagline! laugh

grin Makes me smile everytime I read it.

Return to Top
#1861521 - 10/15/13 06:27 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I had my own little Deathly Hallows I & II marathon this weekend. smile smile smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1865401 - 10/28/13 02:15 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler The Minion
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I'm a glutton for punishment. I keep hoping his life gets better. I read Acheron so long ago that I forgot how Styxx turns out. I can't walk away now.

I finished Styxx on Friday night. Man was that hard!!

Return to Top
#1865562 - 10/28/13 05:09 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Sarah
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Finished it too a week or so ago. Plot twist at the end I wasn't expecting...it was truly a dark read...looking for something MUCH lighter on the heart and mind now...

Return to Top
#1865602 - 10/28/13 05:46 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler TINKerBell
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Yeah, I shed way too many tears. I also didn't have kind feelings for Acheron. He kind of redeemed himself at the end in my eyes.

Return to Top
#1865626 - 10/28/13 06:13 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Sarah
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
Yeah, I shed way too many tears. I also didn't have kind feelings for Acheron. He kind of redeemed himself at the end in my eyes.

Yes, very tough read throughout most of the book. I certainly hated Acheron through most of it. I wish there would have been a little more on the good parts because I just felt awful.

Return to Top
#1865632 - 10/28/13 06:18 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I stopped reading around 25% because it was overwhelmingly sad. I really wasn't sure if I was going to finish it or not.

Return to Top
Page 50 of 52 1 2 48 49 50 51 52