Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1826636 - 06/24/13 05:32 PM Periodic Statement- Explaination of Amount Due
OSLaw Offline
New Poster
For the Periodic Statement disclosure requirements related to the Explaination of Amount Due as set forth under 1026.41(d)(2), if an FI escrows PMI premiums, would the monthly premium be included under "Escrow" or under "Fees and Charges"?

It seems to me that PMI premiums are both a charge (under the definition of finance charge set forth in Reg Z 226.4(b)) and an escrowed amount however, including under both "Escrow" and "Fees and Charges" on the Periodic Statement would be duplicitive/misleading/confusing.

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#1836036 - 07/24/13 05:49 PM Re: Periodic Statement- Explaination of Amount Due OSLaw
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Bump
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1851512 - 09/12/13 04:33 PM Re: Periodic Statement- Explaination of Amount Due OSLaw
GTS333 Offline
Gold Star
I can't find anything in the rule that would support one way or the other, but I would probably include it as an escrow item. Essentially, anything that is paid into escrow in my mind would appear in the escrow field, even if it could also be a fee or charge (which is not defined in TILA for closed-end credit). That's my gut gess at least.

Return to Top
#1851546 - 09/12/13 05:08 PM Re: Periodic Statement- Explaination of Amount Due OSLaw
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Since the PMI payments would be part of the annual escrow analysis, I say it goes there.

Return to Top