Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1851497 - 09/12/13 04:16 PM Loan Secured by Trust to Purchase Home
Anonymous
Unregistered

What requirements/disclosure apply to a loan secured by a trust to purchase a home? Parents are allowing son to use their trust as collateral to purchase a home.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1851520 - 09/12/13 04:40 PM Re: Loan Secured by Trust to Purchase Home Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Parents are allowing son to use their trust as collateral to purchase a home.

You are going to have to give more details such as is the trust purchasing the home or is the son purchasing the home using the trust's assets? What assets of the trust are securing the loan?

Also, I would strongly suggest you have an attorney review the trust agreement. I find it difficult to believe that a trust agreement would allow the trust's assets to be used where the transaction does not benefit the trust and this transaction benefits the son, not the trust.

#1851567 - 09/12/13 05:44 PM Re: Loan Secured by Trust to Purchase Home Dan Persfull
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
Also, I would strongly suggest you have an attorney review the trust agreement.

Start there; everything else is an academic issue. A trust can say anything, anything. There is no standard form document. Still, I would be surprised if the trustees were empowered to pledge trust assets as collateral.

#1851574 - 09/12/13 05:55 PM Re: Loan Secured by Trust to Purchase Home Anonymous
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I'm confused as to why they would even need to pledge trust assets to secure a home purchase. Aren't you going to take the new house as collateral??? If this is simply abundance of caution, the LO ought to give some thought to the cost to the buyer and/or parents before requiring it.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale