Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Thread Options
#1852216 - 09/15/13 03:32 PM The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
The BOL Ornament Exchange is back again for its SIXTH year!!!

How the BOL Ornament Exchange works: I pull names and randomly pair each BOLer with an ornabuddy for them to send an ornament to. A decoration is also acceptable (some BOLers may indicate a preference). The requirement is one ornament or decoration in the $10 range (or handmade), though some people opt to send two ornaments or include candy or other goodies. WHAT YOU SEND BEYOND THE ONE ORNAMENT REQUIREMENT IS UP TO YOU —please do not send anything more than that if you will be upset if your buddy sticks to the guidelines and sends you one ornament. Ornaments MUST arrive to your ornabuddy by Thanksgiving. Please consider whether or not you can have your ornament shipped in time for your buddy to receive it by Thanksgiving before joining. Names are kept secret from the group until everyone receives their ornament (but include your name with your ornament so your ornabuddy can thank you when they receive it). After Thanksgiving and once everyone has their ornaments, we all have fun guessing who the ornabuddies were by giving clues about the BOLer who sent our ornament.

A word on Privacy: Your true name and mailing address are provided to me and your ornabuddy only. You may choose to provide your home address, work address, or a PO Box so long as that address can accept packages.

Who can participate: Anyone registered on BOL! We have regular, well-known BOLers as well as new people join each year, and many of the newbies become regular Cooler rowdies by getting to know everyone. Just make sure you can play nice with anyone who may join. We generally have 40-50 participants.

If you want to participate this year, send me a PM with the subject "2013 Ornament Exchange."
Include your real name and mailing address in one line, i.e. “Betty Boler, 4045 Main Street, Anytown, CA 92101” as this helps me input your info into my spreadsheet easier. I will use this PM to communicate with you during the course of the exchange…getting info, sending you your ornabuddy assignment, etc, so DO NOT DELETE IT.

The cut-off date to participate and send me a PM is Friday, October 4th.

Ornabuddies will be assigned after October 4th and the PM for the exchange will begin shortly after that. The PM is set up for all the participants to get to know each other and share details to help you pick an ornament or decoration. The PM is very active, so you will want to turn off email alerts for PMs. Otherwise, your inbox will be clogged with PM notifications.
To turn off email alerts for PMs: From the threads, go to “My Stuff” and then “Edit Preferences” to turn off email notifications.

Once the PM is set-up, I cannot add additional participants, so please make sure to send me a PM by the October 4th deadline. Also, make sure to clean up your PMs before joining. If you are at your limit BOL will not include you in the ornament PM and you will miss out. I believe the PM limit is 100 or 200.

The ORIGINAL BOL Ornament Exchange...Accept NO Imitations grin

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1852217 - 09/15/13 03:57 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Just a little update from me since I haven't been on the threads much the last several months. I started a new job with Western Union as a Senior Compliance Officer for our SouthWest Border region. I am loving it but am SUPER busy figuring everything out and finding my new groove in this role. Working from home and travelling to MSB agent locations about half the time. Miss BOL but love staying up to date with many of you on Facebook. The orny exchange has a facebook page also, so if you want to be added to it, send me a PM.

Other than work, life is good. Coming up on our one year wedding anniversary the end of this month. Got a new rescue puppy (7 months?) and she's cute and smart. Looks like Boeing but thankfully doesn't have her IQ. LOL. Got a new car that runs on natural gas. Got a new fridge that I love. Enjoying the long hot summer here in So Cali. And yeah...even though I don't post much here, I'm a BOLer for life and the orny exchange will go on for years! laugh

Return to Top
#1852218 - 09/15/13 04:04 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
WooHoo for the exchange! Glad life is going well for you with the new job. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Return to Top
#1852219 - 09/15/13 04:11 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Oh, forgot to mention that I do not read your PM until I am going to enter your info to my spreadsheet, so don't worry if it goes unread for days...

Return to Top
#1852223 - 09/15/13 07:36 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Yippee! Miss your unique quotes but glad to hear you're busily happy. Happy Anniversary too!

Return to Top
#1852224 - 09/15/13 08:53 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Looky looky...I remembered my password...and I'm really gonna be joining the exchange this year..I've somehow missed the exchange in the past years. Let the fun begin!!!! smile

Return to Top
#1852228 - 09/15/13 11:05 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Search_Me
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
That time of year already! 6th year participating.....love it!

Return to Top
#1852229 - 09/16/13 12:08 AM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Search! You're back!! Love how ornamenting brings everyone out to celebrate.

Entry PM sent. smile

Return to Top
#1852241 - 09/16/13 12:45 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
WOOHOO! 4th year in the exchange and I look forward to this every year! I have gotten the coolest orny's and other stuff from my exchange peeps! I look forward to hanging them on the tree every year! Thank you Dip!!

Return to Top
#1852246 - 09/16/13 01:12 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Woot, woot! 3rd year for me and so looking forward to it!

Return to Top
#1852251 - 09/16/13 01:23 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Dipster!! So glad that you are still able (and crazy enough) to continue this total obsurdity! Let the nonsense begin! laugh

Return to Top
#1852256 - 09/16/13 01:28 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
I've been waiting for this post - Thanks Dip for adding it to FB or I'd probably have missed it.

Return to Top
#1852261 - 09/16/13 01:34 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
::happy dance::

smile Hi Dip!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1852265 - 09/16/13 01:44 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
My first year to participate! I'm excited! smile

Return to Top
#1852287 - 09/16/13 01:59 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
Last year was my first year and it was so exciting!! I can't wait for this round! Pinterest, here I come!! cool

Return to Top
#1852336 - 09/16/13 03:19 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
I know Truffle...I'm all out here trying to like your comment and realized that I'm not on FB... LOL. Speaking of FB..like NotPerfect said...had it not been posted there I'd missed the fun yet again! Sci_Comply... I agree... look out Pinterest...here comes the crafty BOL peeps! LOL

Return to Top
#1852337 - 09/16/13 03:24 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
This is the only time of year I bake for others. shocked

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1852339 - 09/16/13 03:24 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
I requested a join on the FB group... smile

Return to Top
#1852351 - 09/16/13 03:44 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Is there an orny group on FB or just the BOL one? Search, we've never friended so I never see you anymore! frown

I'm afraid to go to Pinterest because I know I'll get a zillion more ideas than I could possibly use! My pine tree is shedding gorgeous pinecones this year so...hhhhmmmmmmmm????

Return to Top
#1852353 - 09/16/13 03:50 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
JWills, CRCM Online
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
My first year, it sounds fun!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1852354 - 09/16/13 03:51 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I hope I get Freak so my prezzies will be full of dead spiders.

... said no one ever? wink

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1852355 - 09/16/13 03:52 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! manimal
A_G Online
10K Club
Is it too late to join?

Return to Top
#1852358 - 09/16/13 03:53 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
There is an orny group on FB Truff, how are you not part of that???

Return to Top
#1852361 - 09/16/13 03:53 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! Dip
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Do I need a password for FB? What is a lmitation?

Who is Search Me? Is that the crazy shoe lady?

I don't even want to know what a Pinterest is.....

Return to Top
#1852367 - 09/16/13 04:01 PM Re: The ORIGINAL 6th Annual BOL Ornament Exchange! A_G
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: A_G
Is it too late to join?

And so it begins.......... smirk

I have no clue how I'm not part of the FB orny group. Will somebody please invite me to join?

eta: maybe I am/was? I seem to remember seeing ornies last year on FB so I must be. But it's not showing on my list of groups at present. ????? crazy
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 09/16/13 04:02 PM.
Return to Top
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21