Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32
Thread Options
#1852517 - 09/16/13 07:10 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Adequate summation; nothing much to see until Alabama/LSU; the Pac-10 has some good teams along with Clemson.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1852561 - 09/16/13 07:51 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
I don't know how to word this exactly but in college, I believe since the fumble rules are different than in the NFL, if the player, in control of the ball, places it on the ground and remains in control the ball is down. I believe this to be true, because a few years ago, I was watching a game and the running back was stumbling and used his hand carrying the ball and the ball itself to stop his fall and the play was whistled dead at the spot. The ref stated the ball cannot be in contact with the ground and further advanced. The rule is obscure because it happens so infrequently.

Return to Top
#1852579 - 09/16/13 07:57 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
In college, a player is down and the play over when, in possession of the ball, he places a knee, elbow, hip/buttocks, or the ball down and retains possession.

In the Wisconsin case, he simply put the ball down and released it, so he did not retain possession.

Return to Top
#1852582 - 09/16/13 07:58 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Hmmmm.....sounds plausible i suppose.

Return to Top
#1852585 - 09/16/13 07:59 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Just sounds to me like if Wisconsin could execute a kneel-down, this wouldn't have happened.

Return to Top
#1852595 - 09/16/13 08:03 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
as explained to me by a current NCAA football official

Return to Top
#1852597 - 09/16/13 08:04 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Katy Auditor
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Wisconsin's QB was a little too subtle in putting his knee down, but it's on the refs. They ultimately ruled that he put his knee down, so they should have jumped in and spotted the ball. Instead they stood around looking at each other. Big win for ASU in any case. Any Arizona folks care to give their impressions of Todd Graham? His schtick must be playing well in the desert.

I like offense so I enjoyed A&M/Alabama, and seeing evil Coach Saban sweat (and have his hair messed-up) is a bonus. Not enough Katherine Webb shots for my taste.

I'll be glad to get the cupcake games over and get into the conference match-ups.

Pitt v. Duke should be epic.

Return to Top
#1852600 - 09/16/13 08:09 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
In 1905 the game of football was almost outlawed due to the violent nature of the game. There were numerous permanently crippling injuries and 19 deaths in that year from the game of Collegeant Football.

HAs nothing to do with the above conversation. Just thought it was interesting.

carry on.....

Return to Top
#1852602 - 09/16/13 08:10 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Bankbb1, PITA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
In 1905 the game of football was almost outlawed due to the violent nature of the game. There were numerous permanently crippling injuries and 19 deaths in that year from the game of Collegeant Football.

carry on.....

Which team did you play for in 1905 laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1852608 - 09/16/13 08:13 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

carry on.....

Which team did you play for in 1905 laugh

Shhhhh!
I may still have some eligibility! I didnt finish the 1906 season! laugh
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 09/16/13 08:13 PM.

Return to Top
#1852669 - 09/16/13 09:44 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
Ruh Roh Raggy!!!

Cue Husker Nation imploding in 3...2...1

I can't access the article at work, but apparently there is an audio recording on Deadspin of Nebraska Football coach Bo Pelini saying f.....all you fans, and f...all of you. As if giving up 38 unanswered points against UCLA and a twitter/presser war witht the greatest QB in team history wasn't enough to ruin your day, Deadspin drops a two year old recording of you telling your fanbase f.... you.

Wow

Return to Top
#1852710 - 09/17/13 12:12 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Katy Auditor
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
[quote=Jays]
Deadspin drops a two year old recording of you telling your fanbase f.... you.

/quote]

Why did someone wait TWO YEARS to release this recording of Pelini bashing the fans? And the day after they got whacked by UCLA? From what I read, he was having an off-air conversation with someone that got recorded. The timeframe was right after Wisconson beat them, but right before they beat Ohio State in 2011. If it was so bad, why wasn't it released when it happened?

Of course, Pelini has issued the standard "I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it" apology.

Return to Top
#1852729 - 09/17/13 01:07 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Its on the internet. It has to be all true and not taken out context....right? smile

Return to Top
#1852731 - 09/17/13 01:14 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pellini has always been a loose cannon with his mouth...LSU was happy when he left as they were going to have to let him go if he didn't go voluntarily...

if memory serves, he has already been counseled by the school on this incident back when it happened

Return to Top
#1852749 - 09/17/13 01:34 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Hobbes
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
Originally Posted By: Backstreets
[quote=Jays]
Deadspin drops a two year old recording of you telling your fanbase f.... you.

/quote]

Why did someone wait TWO YEARS to release this recording of Pelini bashing the fans? And the day after they got whacked by UCLA? From what I read, he was having an off-air conversation with someone that got recorded. The timeframe was right after Wisconson beat them, but right before they beat Ohio State in 2011. If it was so bad, why wasn't it released when it happened?

Of course, Pelini has issued the standard "I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it" apology.

Just to put it into context, this was after the Ohio St game, which at the time was the biggest comeback in school history, which came a week after Nebraska was beat soundly by Wisconsin. In this game Nebraska was down big at half and Braxton Miller was running all over them. It was cool night and rainy and some fans left at halftime, it happens everywhere. But the stars aligned for Nebraska, Miller was injured and the backup was ineffective. Nebraska mounted a comeback and won the game. Then Pelini had his after game press conference. This recording was at at time, in the studio between the press conference and before a post game show he does with the Nebraska football network. Pelini was very amped, he had just beaten his alma mater in record comeback fashion, a good chunk of the student section had apparently left, as well as some of the fans, and one of the local writers, earlier in the week, had written an article that was not very positive about his QB. It was a perfect storm of emotions.

The man's voice, basically egging him on is the voice of Nebraska football Greg Sharpe. As excitable as Pelini appears to be, I think you have to realize that you are in a studio, surrounded by recording equipment, on the Nebraska football network. Probably not a wise time or place to bash the fans, students and basically tell them that they are gonna miss you when you are gone and that day is coming soon.

The thing to remember about this time was the season after
Tressell was fired and tOSU had an interim coach Luke Fickel, so maybe Pelini thought he was going to get the Ohio St job after the season and this victory was the icing on the cake.

Makes for interesting reading on message boards to say the least. Especially coming on the heels of his war of words with Tommie Frazier and another double digit defeat against a ranked opponent.

Return to Top
#1852811 - 09/17/13 02:43 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Just to change the subject, Pellini makes the list of hot good looking wives of college football coaches each year....

Return to Top
#1852812 - 09/17/13 02:46 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Pale Rider
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Just to change the subject, Pellini makes the list of hot good looking wives of college football coaches each year....

Looks too much like a bulldog for my taste.

Return to Top
#1852815 - 09/17/13 02:47 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
But how would she rate on a list of good looking wives of NFL assistant coaches? I think that is their next stop.

Return to Top
#1852879 - 09/17/13 03:55 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

i thought he was a man and a coach on his own...did i have it wrong, he is female and married to another coach?

Return to Top
#1852893 - 09/17/13 04:10 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore

i thought he was a man and a coach on his own...did i have it wrong, he is female and married to another coach?

Mani? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1852901 - 09/17/13 04:30 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Pale Rider
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Dear other college football fans. For Sale: Coach who wins 9 games a season. Not very good at interviews. Not very good at coaching. But hey, can win 9 games in the weak Big Ten. Please send inquiries.

Return to Top
#1852910 - 09/17/13 04:44 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge edAudit
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted

Mani? laugh

Don't drag me into this vortex of unwinnable arguements!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1852914 - 09/17/13 04:49 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge manimal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: manimal

Mani? laugh

Don't drag me into this vortex of unwinnable arguements! again

Fixed

CAMS

Return to Top
#1852931 - 09/17/13 05:07 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Sound Tactic
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Red Herring
Dear other college football fans. For Sale: Coach who wins 9 games a season. Not very good at interviews. Not very good at coaching. But hey, can win 9 games in the weak Big Ten. Please send inquiries.

::imagines Iowa Hawkeye fans with a big smirk thinking to themselves "that's so two years ago"::

Return to Top
#1852935 - 09/17/13 05:11 PM Re: 2013-14 Yahoo! College Football Pick'em Challenge Dallas Tide
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Y'all know I was referring to Mrs. Pellini!

Return to Top
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32