Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#185490 - 04/29/04 07:27 PM CAN SPAM
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#185491 - 04/29/04 10:55 PM Re: CAN SPAM
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Andy:

Spam slowed way down for about a month, but in the last few weeks it's picked up again - big time. I sure hope it's all true that there will be a continuing 'government spam attack.' I'm also hoping it works better than the war of drugs.

Return to Top
#185492 - 04/30/04 02:54 AM Re: CAN SPAM
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Last month our three step firewall for spam stopped 1 million emails from getting to employee machines. Even so, I am still averaging 100 emails per week on my machine selling me some drug from a virtual drugstore or low interest rate loan, etc. etc. I don't know how they can stop this madness.

Return to Top
#185493 - 04/30/04 02:47 PM Re: CAN SPAM
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
One thing that will stop spam is when folks stop buying. Look at the Blog entry on this. These folks were making $1.2MM annually selling this stuff.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#185494 - 04/30/04 04:45 PM Re: CAN SPAM
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
One thing that will stop spam is when folks stop buying. Look at the Blog entry on this. These folks were making $1.2MM annually selling this stuff.

Of course, the really scary thing is those same people can vote. It's like the advertisements on TV - some weight loss thing - they say at one point (the extra weight) "It's not your fault." Also, they say "the product is not for people that just want to loss 10 pounds." They keep repeating those advertisements, so it follows that someone is buying.

All people are equal, but one needs to wonder about a huge number of people that are also clueless.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z