Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1855157 - 09/24/13 09:57 PM CTR - 2 Exempt, 1 not - same transactor.
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
I have 3 entities I want to exempt, but only 2 meet the requirements.

Their CTRs look like this..
Business A - 12k
Business B - 11k
Business C - 5k

Conductor - 28k..

It varies but usually A and B are over 10 on their own, always are over with all 3 aggregated. If I exempt A and B, and C stays under the reporting requirement.. we are okay not to file correct? We act as if the money he is bringing in from A and B is not there, and only report if C is over on it's own?

Thanks! And can someone point me to guidance if there is any?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1855159 - 09/24/13 10:09 PM Re: CTR - 2 Exempt, 1 not - same transactor. _erica_
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I can't easily recall the post, but I do believe that if A and B are validly exempted (meet all the requirements), that they don't factor into any calculations. C stands on it's own; it transactions are under the amount, a CTR doesn't get filed; if over, it is filed.

If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will point that out.

Return to Top
#1855161 - 09/24/13 10:18 PM Re: CTR - 2 Exempt, 1 not - same transactor. _erica_
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
Doug - I am with you, I have seen it somewhere too.. I am sure of it. And that is where I am leaning, I just want to cover all bases before we exempt them.

Return to Top
#1855166 - 09/24/13 10:46 PM Re: CTR - 2 Exempt, 1 not - same transactor. _erica_
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Found it; I knew Rlcarey used the phrase "...as if they never happened" in a similar situation.

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1801198

Return to Top
#1855259 - 09/25/13 02:45 PM Re: CTR - 2 Exempt, 1 not - same transactor. _erica_
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
... as long as the exemption applies to the transaction. If part of a day's package conducted by one individual is a cash purchase of a cashier's check on behalf of Business A, the exemption would not apply.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z