BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#185631 - 04/30/04 03:23 PM ER
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
Did anyone watch ER last night? I was at a school play and did not tape the show. If anyone would like to share a short explanation on what happened, I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#185632 - 04/30/04 03:30 PM Re: ER
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Carrie's upset about not having her son.

John's pregnant girlfriend returned and they started setting up the nursery. He also introduced her to his father and the board of his grandmother's trust. Dad was not thrilled to meet her. None of the board is happy that John is diverting some of the focus of the trust to Northwestern's (?) medical dept. The trust has always been for the 'arts'.

Abby had a patient who has seizures when her baby is around. She councels her and finds out she had a SIDS baby before this husband and baby. Then the woman gets truth serum to help her remember the rest of the story. At which point, I got a phone call so if someone can fill in the rest of this storyline I'd appreciate it too.

Return to Top
#185633 - 04/30/04 03:38 PM Re: ER
Pippi Offline
100 Club
Pippi
Under medication the woman goes on to reveal that the baby did not die from Sids, she was a battered wife and had been beaten really bad the night before, the baby woke up crying and the husband threatened to kill her and the baby if she didn't make it stop, so she help the baby and smothered him to death so he'd stop crying. So, every time she holds her new baby her brain shuts down and she has a seizure...

Return to Top
#185634 - 04/30/04 03:42 PM Re: ER
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
Thank you very much for the updates. I hated missing it but ya know how that goes.

Return to Top
#185635 - 04/30/04 03:44 PM Re: ER
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
They used the truth serum and in the interview discovered that the mother's first child did not die due to SIDS. The womans' bofriend/husband?/live-in was violent towards her and would fly off the handle when the baby cried. So one morning/night (can't remember) when the baby started crying and the guy started flipping out, she held the baby tightly to try to keep it quiet and the baby died. She said she thought the baby had fallen asleep. The hospital suit (the guy that said he was going to contact child protective services if the woman's condition didn't improve) said he would contact them now because the woman admitted to killing her first child.

There was a crisis with the lab rats (the brainiac kids in the lab) because they were experimenting with mind-altering substances and one of them ended up in the ER. In true form, Dr. Pratt pulled him through and went off on the med student (can't remember her name, the actress that started in Bend it Like Beckem).

Anyone remember anything else? There were several plot lines running and it got a bit confusing.

Return to Top
#185636 - 04/30/04 03:48 PM Re: ER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very sad, she did not intentionally smother him. She was holding him tightly to quiet him and accidentally smothered him.

Previews for an exciting next week. Carter is crying and very distraught. Sam and ex kiss.

Return to Top
#185637 - 04/30/04 04:05 PM Re: ER
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Is it just me, or is ER getting better and better? When Clooney first left, I worried, and frankly, I thought the show was in trouble when all of the stars except Carter started to leave. Abbey and some of the residents are outperforming Carter now, and I'm very excited for the show.

Looks like Abbey is going to end up in psychiatric work eventually and not in the ER the way things are going for her. Carter could loose control of the trust too...

Return to Top
#185638 - 04/30/04 10:02 PM Re: ER
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I think something is going to happen to Carter's girlfriend or baby because the previews show him crying in his dad's arms and he doesn't like his dad. Of couse previews can be misleading. Last weeks led us to believe Carrie was going to kidnap the baby.

Return to Top