Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1859905 - 10/09/13 04:02 PM Interagency Proposal Amending Flood Insurance Rule
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina

I'm confused by a statement on Page 13 referencing forced-place provisions. It states in item (iv):

"amends the force-placement requirement to clarify that regulated lending institutions may charge a borrower for the cost of premiums and fees incurred for coverage beginning on the date on which the flood insurance coverage lapsed or did not provide sufficient coverage and to prescribe the procedures for terminating force-placed insurance. 16"

Next paragraph:
"The civil money penalty provisions, 17 and the force-placement requirements were effective upon enactment."

Really? I thought it was only the procedures for terminating force-placed insurance. But this sounds like it included the first part as well.

Help me, David.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1860298 - 10/10/13 03:21 PM Re: Interagency Proposal Amending Flood Insurance Rule Ann
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
Ann,

Here is one thread where this was discussed earlier this year: Interagency guidance issued on Biggert Waters...but.

And here is the guidance issued by the FDIC around the same time: FIL-14-2013. Under the Force Placement section of this FIL, it states: "It is the Agencies’ position that the force placement provisions of the Act described above became effective upon enactment."

MarkB
Last edited by elcinoca; 10/10/13 03:36 PM. Reason: Add sentence
Return to Top