Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1860867 - 10/11/13 03:48 PM New Affirmative Action Requirements
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
On August 27, the U.S. Department of Labor issued new regulations which substantially increase affirmative action obligations for banks with 50 or more employees. I do not have a background in HR, but have looked and looked and can't seem to find definition on this.

We are a multi bank holding company, so between the holding company, and the banks (different charters) we are over 50 employees. However, each bank on it's own is under that number. So my question is, for the purpose of the Department of Labor, do I need to worry about these new regulations? I don't know how they determine their number, including affiliates or not. I would appreciate nay help anyone can provide. I can assure you, I did read what I could find to see if I could find the answer myself eek

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1861668 - 10/15/13 09:51 PM Re: New Affirmative Action Requirements Beagles22
BankRegGuy Offline
I cant find the cite, but the requirement kicks in at the holding company level. We are in the same situation and I asked out attorneys this exact question.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry