Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1861118 - 10/11/13 08:07 PM Social Media
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
Mods - Feel free to move this post, if the cooler is not appropriate - I just couldn't think of a better place and searching the threads, I did not see that "hashtags" was even once mentioned in the threads. And since the cooler is so popular I do want to know..

#Hashtags - Compliance issues? Anyone? Opinions?

For instance.. on FB and Twitter if a bank wants to post a picture of, maybe the first branch and HT #TBT or #throwbackThursday, it could be an issue. If you click the hashtag... it brings up everyone that has used it. I use hashtags on my personal page, and if you click #TBT you may see cute pictures of people as kids, or a first car but you can (and probably will) see something vulgar or offensive. What kind of risk would a bank be at from a SM compliance standpoint from a customer that follows a hashtag from the banks FB or twitter page, sees something offensive and is upset that the banks link led them there? I am not marketing so I am not an expert at the rules for social media, but I do "audit" our pages from time to time.. Just wanted to pick the brains of all the smart people.. (I am also still a rookie)

sick<- zombie. mmm brains...
Last edited by _erica_; 10/11/13 08:07 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1861143 - 10/11/13 08:27 PM Re: Social Media _erica_
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I think you should re-post Erica in the banker forums, either private or public.

You could post it in "general discussion" or under security in either private or public.

Not enough of the BOL brain trust will see it here in the cooler.

Return to Top
#1861144 - 10/11/13 08:28 PM Re: Social Media _erica_
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Reputation risk I suppose. Make sure you've got your speed bump set up too, because when they click on some cute kitten picture and download a virus on accident, you sure don't want that coming back at you!

I hate hashtags.

Return to Top
#1861151 - 10/11/13 08:31 PM Re: Social Media _erica_
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
Thanks Pale... I shall take this elsewhere!!!

And Matt - Agreed. I don't mind some hashtags, but they can also be really annoying.

Return to Top
#1861684 - 10/16/13 03:27 AM Re: Social Media _erica_
buggs Offline
Power Poster
#buggs thinks hashtags are a base function of social media. If you can't manage them, then you might want to reconsider using the platforms. Managing a company social media presence is complicated and takes a specific skillset. Compliance is just one of many things we need to manage.

Return to Top