BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1862754 - 10/18/13 04:54 PM CFPB and submitting a complaint
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
::Rant Warning::

We are looking into doing ARM's which we have never done before and so I am tasked with getting some information regarding requirements etc. I understand it is required that we provide a Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (CHARM) booklet to each applicant. So I look into getting a supply.
When I call the CFPB I am promped 2 times about filing complaints and when the agent answers he asks what I would like to file a complaint about. I say that I don't have a complaint but that I need them to send me a small supply (maybe 25) CHARM booklets and he proceeds to direct me to USA.gov and how to order them from there where they are $98.00 for 100 booklets. So I ask the guy "Let me get this straignt, we are required to provide these booklets or else we will be punished financially correct?" To which he replies "Correct" I then say "So we are required to pay for booklets that you require us to provide to consumers or else we get fined?" "Yup"

So I say ok I do have a complaint to file and he askes what company I would like to file the complaint against and I say the CFPB, :followed by a long long silent pause on his side: he then informes me that they do not accept complaints at this time. crazy

WOW!!! What a joke

:Rant over:

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1862760 - 10/18/13 04:55 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
RC, that is awesome.

Return to Top
#1862761 - 10/18/13 04:56 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
Post-it Offline
Post-it
Midwest
We started printing our own booklets - there is no way we are giving them any money!!

Return to Top
#1862762 - 10/18/13 04:58 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Wonder if their complaint policy specifically states that! I'd like to see a copy, if so. Can we adopt their policy as our own? smirk

I'm sorry Jimbo Customer, that's unfortunate that you think you're being mistreated by us, but we're just not accepting any complaints currently!

Return to Top
#1862764 - 10/18/13 05:00 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: RockChucker
::Rant Warning::

We are looking into doing ARM's which we have never done before and so I am tasked with getting some information regarding requirements etc. I understand it is required that we provide a Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (CHARM) booklet to each applicant. So I look into getting a supply.
When I call the CFPB I am promped 2 times about filing complaints and when the agent answers he asks what I would like to file a complaint about. I say that I don't have a complaint but that I need them to send me a small supply (maybe 25) CHARM booklets and he proceeds to direct me to USA.gov and how to order them from there where they are $98.00 for 100 booklets. So I ask the guy "Let me get this straignt, we are required to provide these booklets or else we will be punished financially correct?" To which he replies "Correct" I then say "So we are required to pay for booklets that you require us to provide to consumers or else we get fined?" "Yup"

So I say ok I do have a complaint to file and he askes what company I would like to file the complaint against and I say the CFPB, :followed by a long long silent pause on his side: he then informes me that they do not accept complaints at this time. crazy

WOW!!! What a joke

:Rant over:

Sorry but laugh laugh

I once filed a complaint against the FTC with the FTC. That was about 6 years ago and the still did not respond, good thing I am not holding my breath.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1862776 - 10/18/13 05:06 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Okay, I know this must have been incredibly frustrating, but what a great story!!! Not trying to downplay the ridiculousness of having to pay for the booklets, but your response of "I'd like to file a complaint" is priceless!!

Return to Top
#1862783 - 10/18/13 05:12 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
WOW. laugh laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1862786 - 10/18/13 05:13 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal

Return to Top
#1862789 - 10/18/13 05:14 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
Diamond Poster
The Country
I must say it was refreshing when I asked to file the complaint and all I got was silence.

It is only $98.00 for 100 booklets but its the principle not the price.

rEdAudit, let me know if the FTC ever gets back to you laugh

Return to Top
#1862809 - 10/18/13 05:42 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Thanks for making my morning, RC! smile

Return to Top
#1862815 - 10/18/13 05:46 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint bOaty
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
laugh

Priceless! But infuriating at the same time. mad

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1862817 - 10/18/13 05:47 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint bOaty
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
Thanks for making my morning, RC! smile

Glad to help smile

I invite you to try calling and submitting a complaint sometime when you need a good laugh.

Return to Top
#1862828 - 10/18/13 05:56 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
hgliii Offline
Platinum Poster
We order our booklets from FRB. Are they not printing them now?

Return to Top
#1862832 - 10/18/13 05:59 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
RC-here is a link to a PDF of the CHARM booklet:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201204_CFPB_ARMs-brochure.pdf

Return to Top
#1862844 - 10/18/13 06:13 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint hgliii
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted By: hgliii
We order our booklets from FRB. Are they not printing them now?

I called the FRB first because that is whose name appears on the booklet but they said that it was passed on to the CFPB. CFPB originaly told me that they didn't have it and that is was HUD that was incharge of it but then they researched it and sent me to USA.gov.

Return to Top
#1862962 - 10/18/13 08:57 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
HUD???? I recommend the CFPB look at the Alphabet Soup page on BOL, where they will clearly see that Truth in Lending is one of the regs they are responsible for.

Return to Top
#1863846 - 10/22/13 06:56 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Sox in '13
RC-here is a link to a PDF of the CHARM booklet:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201204_CFPB_ARMs-brochure.pdf

That is a lot of paper unless you are compliant with e-sign.

Return to Top
#1866033 - 10/29/13 04:39 PM Re: CFPB and submitting a complaint RockChucker, CAMS
Diamond Poster
The Country
Thanks Herring! That is a lot of paper.

Return to Top