Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1864048 - 10/23/13 01:36 PM And the wussafying of America continues...
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
My nephew plays football in a little town called Aledo TX. They have a pretty good football team. This article was on the SI website.....

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/22/tim-buchanan-aledo-bullying-rout/

Aledo coach Tim Buchanan said he received notice that a bullying report had been filed against him by a parent of an opposing player following the Bearcats’ 91-0 win over Fort Worth Western Hills on Friday.
Really people? A bullying charge because your kid plays on sucky football team? smirk

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1864051 - 10/23/13 01:36 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
But everyone is supposed to get a trophy.....

Return to Top
#1864057 - 10/23/13 01:43 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
When i was growing up in Ft Worth, Western Hills and Eastern Hills were 2 dominant football schools. Western Hills now only has 30-odd players on their entire squad...Aledo was playing their 3rd string and only had the ball for a total of 8 minutes...

I'd hate to be the kid whose mom filed the complaint...

Return to Top
#1864063 - 10/23/13 01:55 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Happy, that was my first thought. If I was that kid I would ask my parents if we could move to outer Mongolia! eek

Even the coach from the other team agreed that they did everything humanly possible NOT to run the score up. Jimminychristmas!!!

Return to Top
#1864071 - 10/23/13 02:03 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I saw this on the news this morning and just shook my head.

Return to Top
#1864073 - 10/23/13 02:05 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
That's ok, there is a school on the east cost, New Hampshire I think, that is banning all games and balls during recess. Why you ask? because someone may get hurt running or getting hit by a ball.

Really? Time to break out the helmets for everyone.

Return to Top
#1864076 - 10/23/13 02:07 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
It would have been more "bullying" to run the ball to the 1 yard line then take a knee for 4 downs and hand it over to the other team.

I heard on ESPN last night that this team have been beating teams in the ditrict on average by 77 points. This poor babies team only loss by 2 more touch downs.

Return to Top
#1864078 - 10/23/13 02:08 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
A_G Offline
10K Club
Wait the bullying report was filed BECAUSE of the 91-0 loss?

Or the bullying report was simply filed after the 91-0 loss? (because of some other reason not being reported, yet the article makes it seem due to the loss)

To me it's not very clear.

Return to Top
#1864080 - 10/23/13 02:09 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Pretty simple solution if you don't want to get beat by 90.....get better.

Return to Top
#1864081 - 10/23/13 02:09 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
BBB1 - they should move to Moron, Mongolia...yes, it is a real place, see my location

Return to Top
#1864087 - 10/23/13 02:14 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Jafo
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Jafo - I guess they never heard of dodge ball. Played that in elementary school a lot.

Return to Top
#1864088 - 10/23/13 02:14 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... A_G
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: A_G

Or the bullying report was simply filed after the 91-0 loss? (because of some other reason not being reported, yet the article makes it seem due to the loss)

The parent said running the score up was bullying. The parent was being ... (insert your word choice)

Return to Top
#1864090 - 10/23/13 02:15 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... raitchjay
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

Quote of the morning laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1864091 - 10/23/13 02:18 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

Quote of the morning laugh

Werd! cool

Return to Top
#1864092 - 10/23/13 02:20 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... cheekEE
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: MonkEE
Originally Posted By: A_G

The parent said running the score up was bullying. The parent was being ... (insert your word choice)

Yes, the one and only reason that the charge was filed was because her baby was on a really sucky football team and it was the other mean coach's fault.... sick

Return to Top
#1864093 - 10/23/13 02:20 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I caught a clip about this on the news on my way out the door this morning, but not the actual story. Seriously? Bullying? Unless there's a lot more to the story, some parents need to be growing up! If it was little kids, it'd be a little more understandable, but we're talking about high school games where it's about skill and competition, not feeling good and everyone going home with a smile on their face!

Return to Top
#1864098 - 10/23/13 02:25 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Matt_B
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
I caught a clip about this on the news on my way out the door this morning, but not the actual story. Seriously? Bullying? Unless there's a lot more to the story, some parents need to be growing up! If it was little kids, it'd be a little more understandable, but we're talking about high school games where it's about skill and competition, not feeling good and everyone going home with a smile on their face!

OK, you're cleared.....
You may reproduce your genes and raise a kid. smile

Return to Top
#1864103 - 10/23/13 02:27 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
The parent who filed the report is no longer upset but the school has to investigate.

Return to Top
#1864110 - 10/23/13 02:31 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
It is a little irritating that there is no penalty or consequnce for filing a false or frivolous report. How about a little accountablity here?

Return to Top
#1864111 - 10/23/13 02:31 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
A local radio show up here was discussing this story yesterday and a caller was actually on the side of the parent and said they believed that this was bullying. They thought that the coach of the winning team should have had his team quit at halftime because they were so much better than the other team. And this caller was serious. (This same caller said that they had never played football, doesn't watch football, and was unsure about what else could have been done by the winning coach to not score 91 points)
mad crazy

Return to Top
#1864117 - 10/23/13 02:41 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Purple Pride
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Purple Pride
A local radio show up here was discussing this story yesterday and a caller was actually on the side of the parent and said they believed that this was bullying. They thought that the coach of the winning team should have had his team quit at halftime because they were so much better than the other team. And this caller was serious. (This same caller said that they had never played football, doesn't watch football, and was unsure about what else could have been done by the winning coach to not score 91 points)
mad crazy

They should have found a worse team to play the Giants. (sorry they found one last week)

CAMS

Return to Top
#1864124 - 10/23/13 02:45 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Well around here they have the "mercy rule", if you're down by so many points (35 I think) at half time they run the second half with a continuous clock. I find that much more reasonable than just ending the game. It's more about efficiency and just getting it over with, since really, nobody wants to sit around in the cold watching a team get slaughtered.

Watching my brother-in-law's high school games over the past several years, I witnessed that more than a few times! (they were always on the losing end of that situation)

Return to Top
#1864127 - 10/23/13 02:47 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yeah, when us coaches would run the clock in a junior high tournament game that was out of hand, we would strategically knock an extra minute off the clock at times.

Return to Top
#1864128 - 10/23/13 02:50 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
They ran the clock continuously in the second half in this games as well.

There was nothing more the coach at Aledo could have done. We are talking 4A football, so the average roster size of the team is like 50 kids. That is only 2 or 3 deep at each position. As was stated earlier, the Aledo team only ran about 35 offensive plays and the FW Western Hills team had the ball for 32 of the 48 minutes of the game.

Return to Top
#1864134 - 10/23/13 02:58 PM Re: And the wussafying of America continues... Bankbb1, PITA
Ric30 Offline
100 Club
IN
Why did the coach need to do anything? As someone stated before, if you don't want to get blown out, GET BETTER! Caring about people's feelings is getting old.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5