Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1865077 - 10/25/13 03:55 PM GFE, HUD-1 and two properties
Patricia Offline
Gold Star
Kansas
Borrower is refinancing existing home and taking the equity to buy a second home. The borrower does not want to have two separate payments. So the LO is thinking to do one GFE with fees showing for both properties. Then there would be two separate HUD-1s. Can this be done? Not sure how one would match up the fees on the comparison pages on the two separate HUD-1s to the one GFE.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1865098 - 10/25/13 04:26 PM Re: GFE, HUD-1 and two properties Patricia
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If there is one loan, there is only one GFE and HUD-1. It does not matter how many properties are involved.

Return to Top
#1865175 - 10/25/13 06:09 PM Re: GFE, HUD-1 and two properties Patricia
Patricia Offline
Gold Star
Kansas
Okay I was told that the closing on the refi will be done at the bank and then the closing on the home being purchased will be done through a title company in the city where this home is located. Ugh?

Return to Top
#1865184 - 10/25/13 06:15 PM Re: GFE, HUD-1 and two properties Patricia
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, I guess you could close the refinance first as that will involve the full disbursement of the loan and the cash left over will be issued via a cashier's check or wire to the second title company. The second closing, outside of the bank obtaining a lien on the property is not really related to the loan.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z