Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#186545 - 05/04/04 04:18 PM What's for Mom??
Anonymous
Unregistered

We each have mothers who need absolutely nothing but you would still like to show your appreciation for all that she does on Mother's Day. I was just trying to come up with something unique for my Mother on Mothers Day unlike the usual gifts.

Anyone have any thoughts on what they are doing for their Mother?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#186546 - 05/04/04 04:25 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It's not really unique, but she suggested we go out to brunch. It is a small, local place that shouldn't be too crazy... And I am thrilled I don't have to cook!

Return to Top
#186547 - 05/04/04 04:30 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Last year I gave my mother a gift certificate for a pedicure. I thought that was kind of neat.

Return to Top
#186548 - 05/04/04 04:37 PM Re: What's for Mom??
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
How about a gift certificate for a massage?

Return to Top
#186549 - 05/04/04 04:53 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

How about a gift certificate for a massage?

Last year we (My two sisters and I) got my mother the whole spa treatment; mani/pedicure, massage, hair, etc., etc.. She loved it

Return to Top
#186550 - 05/04/04 04:54 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
My kids and I made my mom a scrapbook of all the fun things she and the kids have done together over the years. I am taking my mom to dinner (with the kids) and they will give the scrapbook to her then.

Return to Top
#186551 - 05/04/04 04:56 PM Re: What's for Mom??
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I don't know if you have the resources, but last year for each mother we made a colage (sp?) of old photographs of each mother with our daughter. We scanned the pictures on the computer and then put narrations or captions with each picture. After you have as many pages as you want, three-hole punch the pages and tie them together with yarn.

Each grandmother absolutely loved the gifts and as a family we had a lot of fun making them!

Return to Top
#186552 - 05/04/04 05:02 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those without the time to do a whole scrapbook by Sunday, I'll give you my daughter-in-law's solution to what to give GreatGrandma. She gives her one nicely done scrapbook page per holiday. For Christmas she gave her an exquisite old fashioned page with pictures of GreatGrampa in his military uniform. She's working her way through the people in Greatgrandma's life.

Return to Top
#186553 - 05/04/04 05:36 PM Re: What's for Mom??
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
Last year I gave my mother and mother-in-law each a small scrapbook of their granddaugher's first year. It was about 20 pages with one picture per page- it went over well.

Return to Top
#186554 - 05/04/04 05:37 PM Re: What's for Mom??
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I kind of like the spa gift cert. idea, I got one for Christmas and when I finally used it, I wanted to go every quarter. There's nothing better for a mother than a day of pampering.

Return to Top
#186555 - 05/04/04 05:38 PM Re: What's for Mom??
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Just had another thought, if she needs nothing, why not make a donation to her favorite charity in her name as a show of your appreciation for her.

Return to Top
#186556 - 05/04/04 05:39 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a clinical massage school in the next town over. I use them quite often and for mothers day they are having a spa party. For $50 you get two hours of head shoulder massage, sauna, hand/foot parrafin, facial, foot massage and a brunch. I'm taking my mother and my 13 year old daughter. I can't wait

Return to Top
#186557 - 05/04/04 05:41 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, Anon, what town is that? I'll be right there!

Return to Top
#186558 - 05/04/04 05:41 PM Re: What's for Mom??
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Sign me up! That sounds like a great deal.

The massage/spa day has always been my favorite gift.

Return to Top
#186559 - 05/04/04 05:43 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
WE did one of those link bracelets and got a bunch of family links to add on in brushed silver. She doesn't need it but will definately show it off with her kids and grandkids picking out the links!

Return to Top
#186560 - 05/04/04 06:01 PM Re: What's for Mom??
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

There is a clinical massage school in the next town over. I use them quite often and for mothers day they are having a spa party. For $50 you get two hours of head shoulder massage, sauna, hand/foot parrafin, facial, foot massage and a brunch. I'm taking my mother and my 13 year old daughter. I can't wait

OMG! Are you located in Oklahoma by any chance? I want one of those too! Ohhhhhh...a spa treatment for the weary...that sure would cure any of my ailments!

Return to Top
#186561 - 05/04/04 06:10 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I'm paying for my mom to play 18 holes at a (snazzy) golf course on the northside of Chicago. Then I'm taking her out to dinner. Then to gather my sister and my nephew and get a family portrait. It's my mom's last mother's day with us....she's moving to the farthest corner of the country (lower 48, not those 2 "freak" states), Olympia, Washington!!!

Return to Top
#186562 - 05/04/04 06:11 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

It's my mom's last mother's day with us....she's moving to the farthest corner of the country (lower 48, not those 2 "freak" states), Olympia, Washington!!!

AT, then next year you can fly out and see her for Mother's Day! She'll love it!

Return to Top
#186563 - 05/04/04 06:14 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
I made my Mom a lemonade quilt. It was constructed from my lemons -- mistakes I had made while stitching another quilt. Knowing my Mom she will love it; 83 years-old and the typical waste not, want not, mom.

I'm asking for trees! I've got 3 kids and have marked 3 spots in the backyard for them to plant Mother's day gifts.

Last year I said I wanted nothing & they bought me this fancy grill. It was so big (hello, I live by myself & gave up cooking when I got rid of your father) I had to enlarge my patio deck. This year I'm taking no chances -

Return to Top
#186564 - 05/04/04 06:35 PM Re: What's for Mom??
river rat Offline
river rat
washington
Sorry -I was anonymouse earlier. It's in Idaho and it's the BEST.

Return to Top
#186565 - 05/04/04 07:55 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Anonymous
Unregistered

My niece, who is pregnant, gave her mom a framed picture of the baby ultrasound. That was neat.

Return to Top
#186566 - 05/04/04 08:59 PM Re: What's for Mom??
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
My mom wants to come over and divide my day-lily's in half for mother's day (Bonding time for us - actually she'll probably play with my 7 month old while I do all the work!)
I'll still get her something - better get on that!

Return to Top
#186567 - 05/04/04 09:07 PM Re: What's for Mom??
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
Quote:

For those without the time to do a whole scrapbook by Sunday, I'll give you my daughter-in-law's solution to what to give GreatGrandma. She gives her one nicely done scrapbook page per holiday. For Christmas she gave her an exquisite old fashioned page with pictures of GreatGrampa in his military uniform. She's working her way through the people in Greatgrandma's life.

That is an awesome idea!! My mom would love that, especially now that she has a grandbaby and we live 6 hours apart.

Return to Top
#186568 - 05/04/04 09:23 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Quote:

Sorry -I was anonymouse earlier. It's in Idaho and it's the BEST.

Where in Idaho? I am in south central Idaho...I am sure I can't be that lucky!!!!

Return to Top
#186569 - 05/05/04 01:35 PM Re: What's for Mom??
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
We have done a mother's ring. Great idea if she doesn't have one yet. There also was a place on line where we ordered a coffee mug that said I love grandma or mom, and you could send a picture and the picture was printed on the mug. Might be a bit to late to do either one of those things now.

Some of the best gifts I have ever got were the home made cards and things from my children.

I think the best gift I could get would be for my husband to organize a sitter for the kids so we could have some time alone. He wouldn't even have to take me to a fancy dinner or anything. If he just cooked at home that would be great! Inexpensive but so much thought and planning would have to go into it that I know I would love it.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2