Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1865848 - 10/29/13 01:23 PM Re: Disney Cruises... _erica_
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: _erica_
I have cruised Norwegian and Carnival and am sailing again on Carnival in Feb. I know it's like the "walmart" of cruiselines but I LOVE IT. I didn't like Norwegian and plan on going RC very soon.

We've been on a number of cruises, and Carnival is just the best deal going by far, value-wise. No question.

My 7 yo (at the time) stepson decided not to do the Camps as he thought they were "punishment" until the last days of the cruise then he realized they were for fun, lololol.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1865858 - 10/29/13 01:55 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
A couple that are friends of mine were supposed to be on the renovated Disney Magic a couple weeks ago. They are retired teachers and she now works for Disney, and they are Disney fanatics. They flew to Miami only to learn the cruise was cancelled because the ship wasn't ready. Disney is going to give them a future cruise, but Disney wants to give them on-ship credit instead of cash for the unexpected flight home. They have loved Disney cruises in the past though.

As an aside, I taught high school with this couple before my banking career. It pains me to know that if I had stayed in that career, I too might be retired, with a nice State pension.

Return to Top
#1865875 - 10/29/13 02:22 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
We did a Disney Cruise last summer. We had never been on a cruise, but love Disney. Wanted to try something different.

LOVED IT!!

My kids (14, 10, and 7 at the time) were not big on going to their clubs, but did go some. Teen club was filming some zomibe type movie--he loved going for that, but not so much to just hang out. 10yr old was able to go to the kid club or the tween club---he really liked having that choice. Overall the kids wanted to spend time doing things with us. We did do one dinner without the kids--sent them to the movies (Brave came out while we were on the cruise) and then to dinner. No issues at all. Hubby and I enjoyed a quiet dinner to ourselves.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1865934 - 10/29/13 02:58 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I wonder which kids I would leave behind. Hmmmmm laugh

Return to Top
#1865947 - 10/29/13 03:05 PM Re: Disney Cruises... cheekEE
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: MonkEE
I wonder which kids I would leave behind. Hmmmmm laugh

Thomas? shocked laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1865977 - 10/29/13 03:24 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
LOL!!

Return to Top
#1865999 - 10/29/13 04:09 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I took a cruise once. Hated every minute of it. I couldn't wait until we got where we were cruising to, rushed off the boat only to spend the time sitting in some drunken Mexican bar (where else would my ex want to go?) and after a couple of hours, rushed back on the dang boat again. sick

Next time I'll just fly there and get on with my vacation.

Return to Top
#1866026 - 10/29/13 04:33 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
We've done some cruising - my Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-law love to cruise, so we usually go with them. Royal Caribbean undoubtedly has the best food, but if you do have children, Carnival is the best. My kids LOVED the kids camp to the point of us having to beg to spend time with them! (They even have some late nights, so the grown-ups could go for dinner or drinks together.) We're planning another big family cruise for my nephew's graduation next summer already...

Return to Top
#1866068 - 10/29/13 05:25 PM Re: Disney Cruises... bOaty
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
I took a cruise once. Hated every minute of it. I couldn't wait until we got where we were cruising to, rushed off the boat only to spend the time sitting in some drunken Mexican bar (where else would my ex want to go?) and after a couple of hours, rushed back on the dang boat again. sick

Next time I'll just fly there and get on with my vacation.

But...but...your name is bOatn! I will happily take your place on a cruise ship. smile

Return to Top
#1866121 - 10/29/13 06:50 PM Re: Disney Cruises... califgirl
_erica_ Offline
_erica_
Margaritaville
Originally Posted By: califgirl

But...but...your name is bOatn! I will happily take your place on a cruise ship. smile

hahah THIS.

Return to Top
#1866173 - 10/29/13 07:51 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
laugh A boat I can pilot where and when I want. A ship is like a giant enclosed box on the ocean and on which you cannot disembark (without a long swim).

You can gladly take my place!!!

Return to Top
#1866270 - 10/29/13 09:01 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
ATLbanker Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
We took a disney cruise when our daughter was 6. Had a great time. The shows were fantastic. Great special effects. Food was good. They have an adult only pool. I did not get to use. If your kids like pictures with princesses expect to wait in many long lines. Nice thing is you can use your own camera and not have to buy their pictures. We splurged on a cabin with a balcony. My wife, who isn't crazy about cruises, said she would go again but only if we have our own balcony. Their "daycare" is great. You can drop your kid off early and pick them up late if you want.

Return to Top
#1866848 - 10/30/13 09:47 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
uncle_milty_too Offline
New Poster
uncle_milty_too
Only been on one cruise - Disney - and thought it was terrific. Kids were 5 and 7, they loved being in the kids camp on the boat and some days begged to stay there all day. Spent a day in Bermuda with the kids and a day on Disney's island, half with the kids in camp and us on the adults only section and half on the beach with the kids. Thought it was a good mix of family time and adult time. Food was great. Thankfully the kids didn't care much about photos with the characters, as those did involve long lines. Everything else was quite relaxed.

Return to Top
#1866925 - 10/31/13 01:05 PM Re: Disney Cruises... MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Thanks for the feedback.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2