Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1868761 - 11/06/13 02:20 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
News reports this monring that Incognito now has to wear a disguise to go out in public, and is using a false name...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1868763 - 11/06/13 02:21 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
he 'has' to? who is requiring him to do that?

Return to Top
#1868764 - 11/06/13 02:22 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... TB 12
A_G Offline
10K Club
::high ten:: @ BOLly! laugh

Return to Top
#1868767 - 11/06/13 02:24 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... A_G
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: A_G
::high ten:: @ BOLly! laugh

are you feeling bollied..........Nancy?

Return to Top
#1868768 - 11/06/13 02:25 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Katy Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: jAYs
I believe that the coaches told Incognito to toughen him up, I don't think the coaches expected it to go as far as it did. Incognito took it way past the line. I think the coaches thought that Martin would snap and stand up to Incognito, obviously that didn't happen. But there is no way this is a smoke screen to protect Incognito. After the Saint's punishments, where a Head Coach was suspended for a year and a DC was banned, there is no way anyone is falling on their sword to protect a very average offensive guard with a history of violence and stupid decisions, by saying they ordered the Code Red or whatever you want to call it.

"Truth? You can't handle the truth." laugh Just though it may be appropriate to this case.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1868771 - 11/06/13 02:26 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... TB 12
A_G Offline
10K Club
Of course Socks is using obselete definition #4, I presume. grin

Return to Top
#1868772 - 11/06/13 02:27 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... A_G
A_G Offline
10K Club
Although I am all about bringing back the use of #3! laugh

Return to Top
#1868775 - 11/06/13 02:28 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Xian Ngyuen
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: EdSpenser
he 'has' to? who is requiring him to do that?

oh Ed, this went right over your head...

Quote:
in·cog·ni·to

1. having one's identity concealed, as under an assumed name, especially to avoid notice or formal attentions.

Return to Top
#1868776 - 11/06/13 02:29 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
A_G Offline
10K Club
::wooooosh::

Return to Top
#1868779 - 11/06/13 02:32 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
D'oh!

Return to Top
#1868781 - 11/06/13 02:31 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Whether the coaches ordered it or not is a secondary issue.
This guy was let go from two college teams due to 'anger management' issues. Now he's older and bigger but still can't control his temper.
And he's not even that good a player so why he's on a pro team in the first place is beyond me.

Return to Top
#1868790 - 11/06/13 02:37 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
nd he's not even that good a player so why he's on a pro team in the first place is beyond me.

he is over 300 pounds and can run and did not test positive for steroids.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1868793 - 11/06/13 02:40 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
If this wasn't happening until the coach(es) asked him to toughen the kid up, it is the primary issue. How far the scumbag took it is a different situation.

Return to Top
#1868796 - 11/06/13 02:46 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Truffle Royale
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Whether the coaches ordered it or not is a secondary issue.
This guy was let go from two college teams due to 'anger management' issues. Now he's older and bigger but still can't control his temper.
And he's not even that good a player so why he's on a pro team in the first place is beyond me.

All of the things you say are true about being kicked out of two schools etc. But I will disagree that he is a bad player, he is an average offensive lineman, he had a job because he is still better than most.

Additionally, as far as the coaches role as secondary, I completely disagree. If he was told to toughen him up, he is going to do what he is told, his job is to make the team better and if the coach says this will make us better, then he will do that. They just chose the wrong dude to try and toughen him up. You don't select the loan officer with problem loans to do the asset quality review. If you did, then it is your fault if the examiners find things that were missed, just as much, if not more, than the loan officer.
Last edited by jAYs; 11/06/13 02:49 PM.

Return to Top
#1868805 - 11/06/13 02:57 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Katy Auditor
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
Additionally, as far as the coaches role as secondary, I completely disagree. If he was told to toughen him up, he is going to do what he is told, his job is to make the team better and if the coach says this will make us better, then he will do that. They just chose the wrong dude to try and toughen him up. You don't select the loan officer with problem loans to do the asset quality review. If you did, then it is your fault if the examiners find things that were missed, just as much, if not more, than the loan officer.

FOUL!
This is the Cooler, no work stuff, please. wink

Return to Top
#1868806 - 11/06/13 03:01 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... The Minion
A_G Offline
10K Club
^^^BOLly™^^^

Return to Top
#1868808 - 11/06/13 03:01 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
BOLly Bully ^^^^

Return to Top
#1868816 - 11/06/13 03:08 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... The Minion
Katy Auditor Offline
New Poster
Bikini Bottom
Originally Posted By: SadMinion

FOUL!

Good point, my fault. No more work talk in here.
Last edited by jAYs; 11/06/13 03:09 PM.

Return to Top
#1868831 - 11/06/13 03:32 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Point taken re: ultimate responsibility laying with management no matter who the employer is. smirk

I still say that this guy doesn't belong on a team at all.

As for the 'no steroids' part, anger management issues are often a side effect of use of steroids. Maybe he just tested clear on a given day. Look at him! That's all natural???

Waiting for the Dolphins and this guy to get hit with some major fines and penalties.

Return to Top
#1868832 - 11/06/13 03:35 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
As for the 'no steroids' part, anger management issues are often a side effect of use of steroids. Maybe he just tested clear on a given day. Look at him! That's all natural???

My post said:

"did not test positive for steroids."

CAMS

Return to Top
#1868843 - 11/06/13 03:52 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
As an aside (I don't follow football intimately), what does the NFL test for, just steroids? HGH, straight T therapy, or??

Return to Top
#1868864 - 11/06/13 04:11 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... edAudit
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

My post said:

"did not test positive for steroids."

I know. No inferring anything different. That's why I said maybe he just tested clear on a given day.

And yet again, another jerk is top of the news and eating up all this time in discussion.

Return to Top
#1868865 - 11/06/13 04:12 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Katy Auditor
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
Originally Posted By: SadMinion

Thanks wink

FOUL!

Good point, my fault. No more work talk in here.

Return to Top
#1868869 - 11/06/13 04:14 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... Retired DQ
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
Originally Posted By: DeeQ
BOLly Bully ^^^^

Huh, Devil calling Pot Red!

Return to Top
#1868871 - 11/06/13 04:16 PM Re: Bullying in the NFL? Suck it up, buttercup... HappyGilmore
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
+5 SadMinion

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8