Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1871237 - 11/14/13 06:48 PM Unemployment is impacting my credit report
Anonymous
Unregistered

Going anonymous on this for obvious reasons.... I have been employed in the banking industry since 1997, and I have always maintained a great credit standing until recently, situations caused me to resign from my job last year.. And I am not having much success at getting a job..it took me nine months before I got an offer for a "Temp" job, lasting just 3 months. Now I am back in the job market. I had been forced to abandon my credit card bills when money started running low. My parents are able to help me with essential bills. The credit card accounts are now at the "charged off" stage...there is nothing I can do until I get employment...but I am afraid that my credit report will be an issue in getting a job...I have always worked in loan operations and compliance positions...I am not sure how sensitive the credit report situation will be depending on the position I apply...Can anyone advise me a little?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1871247 - 11/14/13 06:55 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
For our bank (this is just an isolated example) we run a credit report on all applicants, no matter what position. Having charged off accounts would negatively impact your chances, however it is possible that if you explain the situation - and are not intending to be a Mortgage Loan Originator - and won't be touching cash, that it may not be as large of a factor.

#1871304 - 11/14/13 08:09 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, thanks for advising me...I thought was probably already at a risky stage. You can have a lifetime of good credit history, but one day you run into a bump in the road and some red marks appear, no wonder it's hard to recover.

#1871368 - 11/14/13 09:19 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I assume you have been in touch with and are up front with the credit card companies concerning your situation. most will work with you if you come in on the front end asking for help.

#1871373 - 11/14/13 09:21 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Often times, if you can show steps in the right direction, organizations will be willing to overlook a bad (temporary) spell. This could include working with the companies as Happy said, or starting to make payments again. You are one of many who have gone through something like this over the past few years.

Innerpartysystem

#1871416 - 11/14/13 10:03 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello. Yes, I did try to work with them while I was still current on my payments because I wanted to try to keep this from happening, but Chase couldn't put me on any balance liquidation program because of my unemployment status, no income coming in. And the other company would not help me at all while I was current on my payments...only when I went into default I was being sent various offers in the mail, but I could not pay a cent on them by then...I have been advised at this stage not to make any payments or any activity on the accounts unless I am paying it off or until I get that job and am able to work out a settlement. But...I have to get a job before I can make arrangements. You can't get water out of a turnip....

#1872084 - 11/18/13 04:24 PM Re: Unemployment is impacting my credit report Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
is discharging via bankruptcy something you have investigated?

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale