Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1874794 - 11/27/13 06:51 PM Bankers Tool-ATR standards
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
I am not sure if I am seeing this correctly but I am going through the resource here on bankers online. It is the ATR-Standards of Determining Monthly Debt and Income. On page 13 in the section:

Income from Roommates in a Single Family Property it states that income from roommates in a single family property occupied as the consumer's primary residence is not acceptable. Rental income from boarders however, is acceptable, if the boarders are related by blood, marriage, or law.

In the correlating section of Appendix Q it reads:

3. Income from Roommates or Boarders in a Single Family Property.

a. Rental income from roommates or boarders in a single family property occupied as the consumer's primary residence is acceptable

Does anyone out there know which one is correct?

Thanks

Return to Top
Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule
#1874819 - 11/27/13 07:16 PM Re: Bankers Tool-ATR standards Bec
mtngrrl Offline
Platinum Poster
mtngrrl
Northern California
Originally Appendix Q stated that you could not use rent from boarders in an owner occupied SFD unless they were relatives (weird, huh?) but it was subsequently modified (July 24, 2013)to state that you COULD use rents in that circumstance, regardless of whether they were relatives:

Therefore the Bureau is modifying section II.D.3.a to eliminate the prohibition on the acceptability of income from roommates in a single family property occupied as the consumer's primary residence, and to provide that income from either roommates or boarders is acceptable.

Source: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles...ulation-x#p-275

Return to Top
#1874908 - 11/27/13 10:04 PM Re: Bankers Tool-ATR standards Bec
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Great! Thank you, just wanted to make sure I was using the most up to date appendix Q

Return to Top