Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1875983 - 12/04/13 05:53 PM WSUD and revoked authorization date
morirse de risa Offline
100 Club
Midwest
I'm performing the ACH audit for our bank and have come across a bunch of WSUDs that I don't believe were completed correctly. I'm hoping someone can offer me their input on these as well. Here's an example scenario of the situations I'm seeing:

Customer completes WSUD stating $500 dollars came out of their account on 12-3-13. They mark the form that they authorized ABC Company to originate one or more ACH entries to debit funds from their account, but on 12-3-13 they revoked that authorization by notifying ABC Company in the manner specified.

My issue is with the date the customer says they revoked authorization. If the ACH debit posts on 12-3, shouldn't the authorization be revoked BEFORE this date in order for a WSUD to apply? Because otherwise it seems the customer did actually authorize and was just late in revoking authorization, so now they have gone to the bank to return the item for them. I don't think that "buyers remorse" or "didn't cancel on time" should be reasons to complete a WSUD and return an item for the customer. But maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1876139 - 12/04/13 09:15 PM Re: WSUD and revoked authorization date morirse de risa
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
There are no specific requirements per the NACHA rules that ask when the authorization was revoked by the customer - OR61, OG280 and OG281. The WSUD should be signed on or after the date of payment.

Return to Top
#1876263 - 12/05/13 03:19 PM Re: WSUD and revoked authorization date morirse de risa
morirse de risa Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Thanks - appreciate your input.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett