Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1878101 - 12/12/13 04:57 PM New Mortgage Loans - Apps taken prior to January10
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are not yet ready to implement all the new mortgage lending requirements, however we are continuing to take RRE loan applications (although we do very little RRE loans). We just received a HELOC application today and don't anticipate that it will close until after January 10. The new rules take effect for applications received on or after January 10, is this correct? So even if we take an application now, but don't close until after January 10 we don't need to worry about being in compliance with all the new rules, correct? Just wanted to confirm this.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1878136 - 12/12/13 05:53 PM Re: New Mortgage Loans - Apps taken prior to January10 Anonymous
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
You're correct - new rules apply to applications received on or after January 10th. Any completed application taken on January 9th or prior willonly need to comply with the existing rules.

#1878142 - 12/12/13 05:57 PM Re: New Mortgage Loans - Apps taken prior to January10 Anonymous
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Not sure which part of the new rules you are specifically speaking to, but HELOCS are exempt from many of the new changes so you may be ok anyway smile.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale