Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1879878 - 12/18/13 05:27 PM Accounts with SAME Account Numbers
Mbank Offline
Mbank
MS
I hope I can explain this well enough to understand. But it has come to my attention that we have account numbers being used twice but in different markets of our bank.

Here is an example.. Acc#12345 is a savings account in Market A which is located in State A and then Acc#12345 is a checking account located in Market B which is located in State B. We only have ONE routing number for the entire bank.

Now I have been told that this is okay by the powers that be as long as one is a savings and one is a checking. My question is how is that okay? If someone was to order a something online and have to put in their banking information, not through a debit card number but through Routing/Acc# option, how is this ACH item not going to debit both accounts at the same time?

Need Advice Asap... Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1879880 - 12/18/13 05:30 PM Re: Accounts with SAME Account Numbers Mbank
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
My question is how is that okay? If someone was to order a something online and have to put in their banking information, not through a debit card number but through Routing/Acc# option, how is this ACH item not going to debit both accounts at the same time?

I think that you answered your own question.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1880001 - 12/18/13 07:39 PM Re: Accounts with SAME Account Numbers Mbank
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Please do not double post. As the question is more relevant to the other forum, that post will remain active.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z