Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1877401 - 12/10/13 05:49 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
My brother went to the "Snow Ball Bowl" in the old Jungle. He was in a Press BOx though whistle When Sam took the mic and said "We are not in Cleveland" laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1877422 - 12/10/13 06:13 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
SNOW all the way !!!! I have been to Patriots games in freezing cold temps and snow and it is far more enjoyable (if your bundled up and have the right booze to body weight ratio) than sitting in driving rain. Done that too and it stinks

Have also sat through a Patriots game (in Foxboro) on January 2nd when the temp at game time was 60 degrees ..... Gotta love New England

Return to Top
#1878662 - 12/13/13 09:25 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Well, I know I am late to the conversation, but as a Green Bay Packer fan - the obvious answer is yes. Frozen Tundra all the way!!!

Last week a bunch of the beer and soda lines froze though, so as a die hard BOL drinker, that may impact my decision to stick around. Cold and drunk is one thing, cold and sober is crazy.

Return to Top
#1880117 - 12/18/13 10:26 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I'll sit in a duck blind in driving snow but not an NFL game.

Return to Top
#1880129 - 12/18/13 10:44 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Pro games are only fun to go too if its -10 and snowing so hard you can barely see. I mean, that's the whole point isnt it? A chance to dress up like Ralphy's little brother and drink warming, system depressing, adult beveages from a pair of hollowed out binoculars!?!?

Return to Top
#1880134 - 12/18/13 10:57 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I'll be at the Chief's game on Sunday. The forecast is 23 and snow. Wish me luck!

Return to Top
#1880187 - 12/19/13 02:28 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? RR Jen
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I'll be at the Chief's game on Sunday. The forecast is 23 and snow. Wish me luck!

Take a chunk of carpet or an old blanket folded up to stand on. Its what they all do there to keep their feet warm.
It works too.

Return to Top
#1880239 - 12/19/13 04:16 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
My observation is that most people who claim that football is meant to be played in snow are likely to be watching the game from their warm, comfy couch. It may be OK as a player because you get warmed up through the physical exertion, but as a fan it sucks. Then again, I'm a Colts season ticket holder, so the weather usually doesn't damper my experience (My trips this season to Cincinnati at '08 to Cleveland were in terrible weather).

For those of you heading to Arrowhead this Sunday - Go Colts!

Return to Top
#1880242 - 12/19/13 04:21 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Football is about the fans?

when did that happen?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1881722 - 12/27/13 08:31 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? Beagles22
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
Originally Posted By: Beagle Queen
Well, I know I am late to the conversation, but as a Green Bay Packer fan - the obvious answer is yes. Frozen Tundra all the way!!!

I went to my first Lambeau game in October of 2011. I was bummed because it was like 65 degrees out. My dream is a FrozenTundra game - full of snow & the Green Bay Packers!!!

Return to Top
#1881734 - 12/27/13 08:48 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I was at the Philadelphia/Detroit game that prompted this discussion. We hardly noticed the snow (except to note that it made seeing the field difficult).

Return to Top
#1882544 - 01/02/14 06:41 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? Beagles22
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland

Last week a bunch of the beer and soda lines froze though, so as a die hard BOL drinker, that may impact my decision to stick around. Cold and drunk is one thing, cold and sober is crazy.

They better have that issue resolved by Sunday!

Return to Top
#1882547 - 01/02/14 06:46 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? #Just Jay
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: #Just Jay

They better have that issue resolved by Sunday!

the stadium should be emptying out by mid 3rd quarter, who would want to sit and watch the Packers get blown out even further?

Return to Top
#1882556 - 01/02/14 07:00 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
mad

Return to Top
#1882562 - 01/02/14 07:06 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Three of this weekend's games, including the Packers, are not sold out, and could be blacked out locally. Maybe the NFL needs to think about ticket/parking/beer prices.

Return to Top
#1882571 - 01/02/14 07:20 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? HappyGilmore
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
How about the 105,000 hardy souls who sat in the Big House yesterday to watch hockey's winter classic?

Return to Top
#1882577 - 01/02/14 07:27 PM Re: would you sit through a NFL game in driving snow? Hobbes
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Backstreets
How about the 105,000 hardy souls who sat in the Big House yesterday to watch hockey's winter classic?

That was a fun game to watch!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2