Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1881699 - 12/27/13 07:53 PM Late Deliveries, Anyone?
MollyMacMe Offline
100 Club
MollyMacMe
OH
With all the noise in the news about late holiday deliveries from different carriers, I'm curious if any of our BOL family had problem shipping stories to share.

I had no problems at all. In fact, Amazon amazed me again with their fast shipping. Being a 'Prime' member probably helped. Well worth the cost.

Just curious....

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1881701 - 12/27/13 07:58 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Yes, I made two purchases last thursday. One I chose normal shipping, cause I was OK with it coming late. The other I paid $45 for next day delivery.

Well the one I did not pay extra for came on the 24th, the one I paid the extra on, came yesterday.

Return to Top
#1881702 - 12/27/13 07:59 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
No problems here. In fact, I got the last package that I didn't expect till after 1/1/14 already.

Honestly, it kinda bugs me that people are screaming about this issue. Why not just shop earlier and give time for normal delivery? The stores were packed right before Christmas and you had to wait there. Why would you expect that UPS would be any different? You simply cannot buy your way out of bad weather and long lines.

Return to Top
#1881704 - 12/27/13 08:00 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
JWills, CRCM Online
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
This was the first year I had done some online shopping. Nothing was late, but I was really surprised at the length of time it took to receive a couple of orders from Kohls. Almost 2 weeks! Amazon on the other hand was awesome. My son ordered the Disney Frozen Castle for my granddaughter on the 14th of December, and it arrived on the 20th! Five days to spare. He is a true Amazon shopper-has been for years, and has never had issues with them.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1881708 - 12/27/13 08:13 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I actually ordered something at the first part of December. I always have it 2-3 day shipping. It took it 2 day to get from Irvine, CA to Los Angeles and then it didn't move for a week. When it finally came, it was stamped on top "URGENT". I know it was sitting in a corner somewhere. Otherwise, it wouldn't have had the "URGENT" stamped on it. I had even contacted UPS about it and they said since shipping information wasn't updating it was lost somewhere.

My daughter did order something that was being delayed until after Christmas. I did have a couple of delayed delivery notices but had ordered things in plenty of time for Christmas. And the reason I order is that to get some of the things I want I would have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get to a store that had them. Wal-Mart (which is about all we have where I live) doesn't carry everything!

Return to Top
#1881711 - 12/27/13 08:16 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
The only item that didn't arrive before Christmas wasn't a surprise since the vendor had emailed me about the delay earlier.

Return to Top
#1881725 - 12/27/13 08:33 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Orders from both NewEgg and Amazon showed up right on time.

Return to Top
#1881731 - 12/27/13 08:46 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Had no problems myself. Had a gift meant for me that showed up yesterday, but that doesn't bother me a bit. My brother took a seasonal job with UPS and it sounds like it's been a nightmare for him, but the money's been worth it. Working 8-7 every day, literally running from the truck to each house on snow and ice in sub-zero temps, and still having the dispatchers/managers yelling at everyone for not being fast enough. They kept getting trucks stuck in the snow etc., but nobody cares what the reason was, they just want their stuff delivered, now! He shared his opinion that it was a serious lack of drivers causing trouble (plus the big jump in volume), but at least around here, they were doing the best they could with what they had.

I'm very glad they didn't decide to make Christmas day deliveries, as they had contemplated apparently.

Return to Top
#1881732 - 12/27/13 08:47 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
No issues, but I use USPS priority mail.

UPS was delivering in neighborhoods around here out of gas-powered golf carts and such. laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1881772 - 12/27/13 10:55 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I had UPS drive up one day in a U-Haul truck. And sometimes even though it is shipped UPS it takes a day longer because they drop it off at the post office and USPS delivers it. Hopefully it doesn't have to go to OKC and back once they drop it off as all our mail has to be sorted at OKC and then trucked back to town. Even if you are mailing to another address in town.

Return to Top
#1881779 - 12/28/13 02:39 AM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I definitely had some late deliveries, including some stuff that was "guaranteed" by Christmas delivery that came on the 26th. And if they couldn't deliver by Christmas then they shouldn't have promised that they could. The shorter timeframe between Thanksgiving and Christmas should not have come as a shock to anyone. I also have one package that went missing entirely.

The one that really made me mad though was the package I was watching tracking on, for which the USPS carrier marked "Left Notice" on the 23rd. After which he promptly went off duty and skipped our entire neighborhood's deliveries for that day. He resumed deliveries at 8am the next morning, but still, seriously? That is deceitful.

Return to Top
#1881823 - 12/29/13 09:09 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Had 1 gift didn't make it in time. Amazon sent email Christmas telling me UPS snafu was reason and they were giving me a $20 gift card to apologize. On the 26th I called UPS customer service - they had never received it from amazon. Called amazon next - apparently lost they reordered and had it on the 27th. Glad my daughter is older.
Last edited by waldensouth; 12/29/13 09:10 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1881879 - 12/30/13 04:16 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
No late deliveries, but I don have one present that I apparently did too good of a job of hiding. Now where is that darned thing.....?

Return to Top
#1881888 - 12/30/13 04:47 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? Bankbb1, PITA
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
No late deliveries, but I don have one present that I apparently did too good of a job of hiding. Now where is that darned thing.....?

Check the deep freeze. That's where we found some of the MIL stuff she hid and couldn't remember where it was. laugh

Return to Top
#1881920 - 12/30/13 05:42 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I'm still waiting on packages. smirk And one of my orders got cancelled copmpletely because it was shipped to New York and aparently got 'lost'. mad

Return to Top
#1881928 - 12/30/13 05:50 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
They may find it when the ice melts. frown
Shipping businesses have definitely taken a lot of hits from this year's insane weather patterns.
I'm sure the deep freeze and snow pattern winging its way eastward now isn't going to help improve matters much either.

Return to Top
#1881931 - 12/30/13 05:52 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? bOaty
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
shipped to New York and aparently got 'lost'. mad

Home Alone sequel?

Return to Top
#1881933 - 12/30/13 05:54 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
All my kids were late deliveries.

Return to Top
#1881936 - 12/30/13 05:56 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Everything came on time, but a jewelry armoire that I bought for my wife must have been tossed off a moving truck. Huge cracks in the wood.

Return to Top
#1881940 - 12/30/13 05:59 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? 'Lil Freak!
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
shipped to New York and aparently got 'lost'. mad

Home Alone sequel?

Too early to tell. We will have to wait for Spring and see if the bad guys pop up in New York wearing Oakland A's gear. laugh

Return to Top
#1881946 - 12/30/13 06:02 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Christmas deliveries aren't the only ones delayed. My daughter has to order formula online as Wal-Mart is the only store in town to carry the kind they have to use and they haven't had a shipment in for 2 weeks! If her online order doesn't show up today she will not have enough formula for the baby tomorrow.

Return to Top
#1881947 - 12/30/13 06:08 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? DD Regs
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Check the deep freeze. That's where we found some of the MIL stuff she hid and couldn't remember where it was. laugh

Didnt find any presents in the freezer, but we do check the freezer at mom and dad's pretty often. Ever since mom put one of the remote phones in there. One thing that we have discovered with mom's dementia....
Bigger is better.

Return to Top
#1881950 - 12/30/13 06:14 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? Queen Mum
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
One of my UPS deliveries came in a Volkswagen Rabbit. That may have been a clue that they were under some stress...

More than 90% of what I bought online was ordered the day after Thanksgiving. I did order a couple things on the Friday the 20th that I probably would not have except for the fact that Amazon was still guaranteeing delivery by the 24th. Regardless, everything I ordered came on time; I was shocked to read the articles.

Return to Top
#1881960 - 12/30/13 06:39 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? MollyMacMe
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
My mom sent a package and she tracked it online, which showed the package was delivered on Christmas Eve. It didn't get here until the 27th.

Return to Top
#1881990 - 12/30/13 07:58 PM Re: Late Deliveries, Anyone? Queen Mum
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Christmas deliveries aren't the only ones delayed. My daughter has to order formula online as Wal-Mart is the only store in town to carry the kind they have to use and they haven't had a shipment in for 2 weeks! If her online order doesn't show up today she will not have enough formula for the baby tomorrow.
Tell your daughter to contact her baby's doctor. Normally they have samples that they can give her to tide her over till the shipment arrives. Clinics and hospitals might have samples too. One of my grans was allergic to all but a beef base formula that was atrociously expensive and basically unaffordable for her parents. The dr kept a constant supply of samples for her use.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2