Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#188301 - 05/18/04 10:33 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
If you are used to caffeine and cut it cold turkey, that may be the culprit. Put just a little caffeine back in and wean yourself off slowly.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#188302 - 05/18/04 11:45 PM Re: South Beach Diet
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Did you possibly hit your head on the door when you were running to the bathroom 8 to 10 glasses of water will do that to ya!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#188303 - 05/18/04 11:56 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Oh, let's see - what about 'eat less - exercise more' now there is a concept!

Return to Top
#188304 - 05/19/04 01:21 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I had a headache one day last week (which is when I started). My friend who also started last week had a killer headache for 2 days. I think it was because she cut caffeine out of her diet. I don't drink caffeine, so that may be a factor- or it may have been the diet all together.

Keep us posted on your progress! I am on Day 11 now and all is well. I am thinking I may extend phase 1 for another week or two though....

Return to Top
#188305 - 05/19/04 04:00 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for the info - I didn't even think that it is the caffine that's doing it!!! Hey, anyone get bad breath from eating so well?

Return to Top
#188306 - 05/19/04 06:58 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon- I do exercise!!!!!

Return to Top
#188307 - 05/19/04 06:59 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Bad breath is a big problem! Try chewing some sugarless gum. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Return to Top
#188308 - 05/19/04 07:45 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to see that I am not the only one!!!! Hey, what's your favorite lunch & dinner so far?

Return to Top
#188309 - 05/19/04 07:54 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I also keep some sugar-free Creme Savers in my drawer. They taste great and can count as part of your daily treats.

Return to Top
#188310 - 05/19/04 08:18 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just had my first turkey roll up and it was the most disgusting thing that I have tried yet!!!! Can't eat it -

Return to Top
#188311 - 05/19/04 08:19 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Baskin Robbins makes a great Sugar Free Mint Chocolate Chip hard candy. It does manage to freshen your breath and it tastes wonderful.

Return to Top
#188312 - 05/19/04 08:40 PM Re: South Beach Diet
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Try the desert allowed in week one and two made from ricotta. They're not bad and they beat pretending cheese is icecream

Return to Top
#188313 - 05/19/04 08:44 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
I haven't really made any of the items from the menu. I have modified it to fit what I like to eat. I did try the ricotta cheese/ vanilla extract. It was good the first 2 times, but it got old after that. Kinda turned my stomach the 3rd time. I even tried adding slivered almonds, but it just was making me sick to my stomach. I just don't really have the time to prepare all of the meals in the book. I wish I did. I will tell you one thing, my grocery bill increased 50% because of this diet!!!

I usually have some type of eggs for breakfast, cheese or jello for snack in the AM, tuna or tossed salad for lunch, celery at snack and then meat and veggies for dinner.

I purchased the carb options peanut butter- it is awesome! I had some with my celery the other day.

Return to Top
#188314 - 05/19/04 08:46 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

A guy at work just put 2 nutty buddy bars on my desk and walked away - he knows I'm on the diet and that they are my weakness - can I pretend that they are turkey roll ups?

Return to Top
#188315 - 05/19/04 08:53 PM Re: South Beach Diet
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Only if I can pretend this danged water is a diet pepsi!

You could put them in a sling shot and fire at his butt Tell him Dawnie sent them.

Return to Top
#188316 - 05/19/04 09:19 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
When I was first on the diet I fixed scrambled eggs for breakfast. Usually had a salad or salmon or lean turkey with cottage cheese and sugar free jello for lunch. Then supper is meat, vegie & whatever else salad, maybe. For morning snack I still use the string cheese. In the afternoons you will find me counting out my 30 pistachios. Usually 2 24 oz bottles of water at work and more in the evening. Creme Savers off and on and if I really need a sweet pick me up I have a sugar free fudgesicle mid-evening.

Return to Top
#188317 - 05/20/04 07:53 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Paragon- I do exercise!!!!!

OK, more of that and eat less - it's that simple!

Return to Top
#188318 - 05/21/04 07:13 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Spladoodle Offline
100 Club
The other windy city
Paragon, I'd say they are eating less! Did you see what BoomerMom is living on? Yikes! I'd starve to death. Good luck to you all!

Return to Top
#188319 - 05/21/04 07:26 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Actually, no as I don't normally notice any of this diet stuff. It's all a matter of will power - either you have it and use it or something else is more important and you don't use it. Most people that go for these fade diets are at best mental, in that they will not address the issues that cause overeating that are separate from actual food with food used to temporarily feel good. Of course, just a few people with weight issues have a medical problem, but very few. It's all about deciding what is important - what is the most important and what you are willing to do to make something, anything happen. Diets really don't work if you are a mental case.

Return to Top
#188320 - 05/21/04 09:08 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Paragon, I'd say they are eating less! Did you see what BoomerMom is living on? Yikes! I'd starve to death. Good luck to you all!

You don't have to skimp on the portions. It's what you eat now how much on this diet. I eat until I'm full.

Return to Top
#188321 - 05/24/04 03:54 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Quote:

Most people that go for these fade diets are at best mental, in that they will not address the issues that cause overeating that are separate from actual food with food used to temporarily feel good.

Sorry, but I just had to respond to this comment. This is not a "fad diet" for my husband and I. The SBD wasn't even created as a weight loss program. It was created as a method for balancing blood sugar. That's why we are interested in it---- it's a matter of life and death for a diabetic. So, please get an education before you lump everyone together and label us "mental".

Return to Top
#188322 - 05/24/04 05:47 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
I second Lissa J.'s comments! As a matter of fact, the SBD was recommended by my doctor. While I am not diabetic, I do have high cholesterol. She told me to give the SBD a try and walk at the same time....which I have been doing! SBD isn't really a "diet", it is more about eating healthy without all the bad sugars and fats. I really think it depends on metabolism and your way of life.

My boyfriend ate 1/2lb of spaghetti w/ sausage, meatballs, bread and a salad last night and probably won't gain an ounce. Plus, he had a huge bowl of ice cream right before bed. Unfortunately I would gain weight, so I ate antipasto. The difference is that he has an active job (construction) and I sit on my butt all day at a computer.

I am on week 3 of SBD and I have to say that all of my cravings for sweets and carbs are pretty much gone. I just hope it keeps working, I don't want to get discouraged.

Return to Top
#188323 - 05/24/04 06:10 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Jenny
Stick with the SBD WOL and you will be fine. I found over time I was getting a little bored with all the salads, but I "cheat" and have something a little higher on the GI and do fine. No subsequent cravings or weight gain.

Return to Top
#188324 - 05/24/04 08:08 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am on day 8 - haven't cheated yet and my cravings for all the things that I can't have (even if I have never craved them before) are crazy!!!! I haven't weighed myself yet - I swore that I would do that when I hit 2 weeks!!! But, so far so good - it's not that hard - been walking too!!! Get this, on Friday I walked for an hour in sneakers that were hand-me-downs - gave me blisters on the back of both my feet - so, I know I have to go buy new sneakers - so Saturday morning, didn't get the sneakers yet - walked for an hour and 15 min in flip flops - wouldn't you know that I got blisters on the bottoms of both my feet and now I can't walk - went walking on the beach on Sunday (the sand felt good on the bottoms of my feet) - and this morning, I was determined to walk again and went walking in Ugg Boots!! What a sight that was!!! So, today on my lunch break, went out and bought new sneakers - can't wait to use them tomorrow!!!!

Return to Top
#188325 - 05/26/04 01:55 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Ahh....I am still following the eating plan- no cheating. My friend that started SBD with me, fell off the wagon and gained all her weight back. She lost 6lbs. and didn't think it was working the way it should.

I think after this week I might go back to phase I to speed up the process again. How long has everyone that tried SBD stayed on phase I? How long after phase I did it take for you to get to your goal weight?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3