Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1882970 - 01/03/14 05:03 PM DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements?
ms.understood Offline
Washington
December 30th acknowledgements from FinCEN are just fine...today I log in to save the three acknowledgements from recent SAR filings...and they are all missing BSA ID numbers (formerly DCN).

Everything else on the form looks good, just missing a line. Has that happened to anyone else? I can't find any documentation of a change, and I've called the BSA Help Desk, but it concerns me. Just putting out feelers for anyone else out there experiencing the same thing.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1883116 - 01/03/14 08:56 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? ms.understood
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Hello. I just downloaded a SAR acknowledgement and there was no problem with the DCN.
Last edited by Cape Codder; 01/03/14 08:57 PM.

Return to Top
#1883174 - 01/03/14 10:37 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? Cape Codder
ms.understood Offline
Washington
Originally Posted By: Cape Codder
Hello. I just downloaded a SAR acknowledgement and there was no problem with the DCN.

Very strange! Still no word from the Help Desk for me, and I did end up finding a BSA ID in a different place...where you can track your organization's submissions. I feel better that I can at least find it elsewhere..but my forms are definitely different when I compare January acknowledgements to December.

Return to Top
#1883296 - 01/06/14 03:32 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? ms.understood
C.A.L. Offline
C.A.L.
Far Far Away
I just received by first SAR acknowledgement for 2014 and it did not contain the BSA ID # on it. Like you I was able to find it elsewhere but its kind of strange that ours are different but Cape Codder's is not. Please let me know what the Help Desk says when they get back in touch with you about this.

Thanks

Return to Top
#1883434 - 01/06/14 07:12 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? C.A.L.
Starchild Offline
New Poster
Central PA
I also did not get BSA IDs on the acknowledgments for the three SARs I filed on Friday. The acknowledgments also arrived about a day earlier than they have in the past.

Return to Top
#1884114 - 01/08/14 12:59 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? C.A.L.
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: C.A.L.
I just received by first SAR acknowledgement for 2014 and it did not contain the BSA ID # on it. Like you I was able to find it elsewhere but its kind of strange that ours are different but Cape Codder's is not. Please let me know what the Help Desk says when they get back in touch with you about this.

Thanks

I wonder if it has to do with our process - we "batch file" our SAR's but each batch contains a single SAR. The acknowledgement is then uploaded to Patriot Officer, which is where we can see the DCN. No problems so far.

Return to Top
#1884146 - 01/08/14 02:47 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? Cape Codder
KarenD Offline
New Poster
SARs I filed on 1/6/2014, also did not have an assigned BSA ID #, just the BSA Tracking Number. We discrete file SARs. I have looked for some kind of notification from FinCEN and have not found anything from them to inform us of this change. If anyone finds out anything, please post. Thanks!

Return to Top
#1885252 - 01/10/14 05:03 PM Re: DCN/BSA ID missing from 2014 acknowledgements? ms.understood
ms.understood Offline
Washington
Help Desk had not gotten back to me as of Wednesday. I've been unable to check my voicemail since then, so not sure if they left me a message later in the week.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z