Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#188326 - 05/26/04 04:23 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I only did Phase I the required two weeks and have been on Phase I and 1/2 since (10 weeks now). I have lost 21 lbs (official today!) and have no problems sticking with the plan for the most part. My husband and I are social people and when we go out I don't expect people to have SBD foods and drinks available, so that is when I cheat a little, but, so far, it hasn't affected me.

Good luck!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#188327 - 05/27/04 06:02 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
HELP!! I had my first cheat today! I ate a donut and some popcorn. I feel so guilty now!

Return to Top
#188328 - 05/27/04 07:12 PM Re: South Beach Diet
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Will you eat a bagel for me hun? You're already going down hill for the day..might as well make it a doozy! heh heh

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#188329 - 05/27/04 08:38 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Jenny, I think you'll be ok. I have cheated several times and still lost. As long as you don't make it an every day habit.

Return to Top
#188330 - 05/27/04 08:50 PM Re: South Beach Diet
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Hush boomer! I wanted that virtual bagel!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#188331 - 05/27/04 09:21 PM Re: South Beach Diet
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Starter.......extreme headaches..yes. Mine was from sugar and chocolate withdrawal!

Return to Top
#188332 - 05/28/04 03:19 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

My headaches have gone away - I think that they are hanging out with the coffee, chocolate and sugars that have gone away too!!! I am starting to feel really good - today is day 12 and I weighed myself last night - I lost exactly 10 pounds!!! I can't believe it!!!! I am also walking every day for an hour so that might also have something to do with it since I have never been much of an exerciser!!! But let me tell you something, I am having such cravings for sweets it's crazy!!!!!

Return to Top
#188333 - 06/01/04 08:23 PM Re: South Beach Diet
ComplianceFool Offline
Gold Star
ComplianceFool
SXM ;) Wishful thinking!
I've been on South Beach since the first of the year, and have lost 17 pounds. I'm a really slow loser, but I've dropped 2 sizes. I love it! There is a really good message board at the Prevention web site devoted to South Beach. The folks there have the answers to a lot of the questions I have seen here. www.prevention.com

Return to Top
#188334 - 06/01/04 09:08 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I started the middle of March and am down 22 pounds. I feel so much better!!!

Return to Top
#188335 - 06/03/04 07:52 AM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not really a member of the group, but just tried a yahoo search with the words "south beach diet & headaches". I'm on day 5 of the diet, and I have had horrible headaches ever since day 1! I'm hoping they go away!! Today I broke down and took an Excedrin Migraine... (I try not to take pills)-- it's just been miserable!!! I did see on some websites that that was a side effect some have experienced, but they didn't say how long it lasts or what causes it. (One guy said the ketones going into your bloodstream makes the blood more acidic which can cause headaches... but I think day 1 is too soon for that change to have taken place... it's probably just because I was addicted to carbs!). Anybody else experience this? Please tell us they'll stop soon!

Return to Top
#188336 - 06/03/04 02:24 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm not really a member of the group, but just tried a yahoo search with the words "south beach diet & headaches". I'm on day 5 of the diet, and I have had horrible headaches ever since day 1! I'm hoping they go away!! Today I broke down and took an Excedrin Migraine... (I try not to take pills)-- it's just been miserable!!! I did see on some websites that that was a side effect some have experienced, but they didn't say how long it lasts or what causes it. (One guy said the ketones going into your bloodstream makes the blood more acidic which can cause headaches... but I think day 1 is too soon for that change to have taken place... it's probably just because I was addicted to carbs!). Anybody else experience this? Please tell us they'll stop soon!

I'm on day 3 of the Protein Power diet and noticed a headache coming on the first day. It went away after I drank some water. I never let it get too bad and when I felt a little twinge, just guzzled some water. Try it and see if it helps.

Return to Top
#188337 - 06/08/04 09:33 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

My headaches were like migranes for the first 3 days - I think it was because I took out the coffee (caffine) and the soda (caffine) - still on this darn diet out here people - it's the middle of week 4 and I am still on an amended Phase 1 - only reason is because I have been too lazy to go to the grocery store to shop for the items that I will need in Phase 2!!! (How sad is that?)

Return to Top
#188338 - 06/08/04 09:35 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Jenny how you doing out there???????

Return to Top
#188339 - 06/09/04 03:10 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Hey Jenny how you doing out there???????

I am still here. I am stuck, haven't lost anything additional- and I am getting discouraged!!!! Maybe I should do phase I again? What do you all think?

Return to Top
#188340 - 06/10/04 07:21 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I think the longer you are on it and the more you lose, the slower it goes. Plus I have a tendency to cheat a little more. However I have lost around 22-23 pounds in 3 months. Had to buy some new clothes, so got to continue to stay serious.

Return to Top
#188341 - 06/10/04 08:10 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been having the worst headaches...someone suggested that it had to do with this diet

but it has me very concerned

Return to Top
#188342 - 06/10/04 09:09 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jenny - same thing for me........I lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks - then week 3 - nothing - then week 4 - nothing - still at the 10 pound mark and I have really stayed completely on Phase 1 this whole time!!!! I have cheated a little on the weekends - maybe that's why - but my cheating was maybe one hot dog on a roll, one bagel for breakfast - and that was pretty much it!!!

Return to Top
#188343 - 06/10/04 09:19 PM Re: South Beach Diet
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I know nothing about SBD but I started Atkins today. Three years ago I lost 16 pounds in three weeks but somehow it sneaked back up on me (who knew it was hiding behind me when I was looking in the mirror ) If I can do the same again, I'll be svelte by the forth!

Return to Top
#188344 - 06/11/04 01:14 PM Re: South Beach Diet
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

OK, I know nothing about SBD but I started Atkins today. Three years ago I lost 16 pounds in three weeks but somehow it sneaked back up on me (who knew it was hiding behind me when I was looking in the mirror ) If I can do the same again, I'll be svelte by the forth!

I did the Atkins last year. I lost about 35lbs. in 3 months, but it all came back on because I started eating carbs, and more carbs, and more carbs. You know that craving theory is right- "you eat'em, you crave'em".

Anyhow, I started SBD on the advice of my Dr. and I was doing fine, but now I have hit a plateau and I don't like it!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3