Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1883371 - 01/06/14 05:34 PM Teller Training Courses
rachelchri Offline
100 Club
Would anyone recommend a specific company and/or website for online and/or DVD Teller Training? We are looking for specific training in Customer Service and an overall knowledge of Teller activities. The Training courses don't need to cover the compliance side of Teller duties (we cover that in-house).

Thanks for your input!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1883865 - 01/07/14 07:18 PM Re: Teller Training Courses rachelchri
BFrame Offline
Gold Star
BFrame
USA
Hi Rachel,

We use an online system that all bank employees use throughout the year for various topics. But truthfully, I think online courses & DVDs make it really easy for tellers to "space out." Some folks can take a test at the end of the online course, make 100%, and have the same approach towards customers, having implemented nothing from the course. But truthfully, the acting and dialogue in some of these courses is so bad (cheesy), that it's more of a distraction than a learning tool.

In my past life, I trained all newly hired tellers. We belonged to our State Banker's Association & participated in a lot of their in-person and teleconference/webinar training. I found that more effective than online courses.

Are you currently using any online training? Or are you looking to find a company for the first time?

Return to Top