Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1883407 - 01/06/14 06:46 PM Foreign Business Documentation
Rangers Fan Offline
Gold Star
Rangers Fan
We have a new business with corporate documentation (art of inc.) that was established outside of the US and then they have an SS4 with a US TIN....nothing to evidence doing business in the US....having issues getting further evidence they do business in the US (SOS documentation, etc.) and the country they were established in is well, kind of sort of a tax haven kind of place. Just making sure I have not lost my mind....US TIN and foreign articles don't make acceptable CIP, they still need to prove they are legally operating in the US, no?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1883416 - 01/06/14 06:54 PM Re: Foreign Business Documentation Rangers Fan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
US TIN and foreign articles don't make acceptable CIP, they still need to prove they are legally operating in the US, no?

You have to refer to your Board of Director's approved CIP for your bank to know what is or is not acceptable when opening accounts for foreign corporations. If they have not outlined the requirements, then they would need to approve whatever you decide upon prior to opening such an account.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z