Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1884945 - 01/10/14 12:18 AM ARM Note and Forecast Days
Everest Offline
Gold Star
I am just trying to learn and play catch up as quickly as possible on information regarding ARM loans and am wondering about the following:

Does every ARM loan (closed end home equity mortgage) have to have a forecast date listed on the Note that informs the customer of which day the index will be selected from when their rate changes?

I am asking as all the ARM mortgages that I have worked with in the past has included a forecast date, usually 45 days, but I am now looking at a set of ARM Notes that do not contain a forecast date. The note still contains the source if the rate (1 year WSJ, 3 year LIBOR, etc.) but no verbiage pertaining to which index figure would be used, not even daily or the day the change takes effect.

Is this ok? I cannot find any information on the requirements for what information is required to be on the Note.

Is it allowable for us to change these loans to reflect a 45 day forecast?

Wouldn’t we need to adjust these to a 45 day forecast to ensure the ARM notices get sent out per the new timing requirements?

Just questions I am trying to figure out. I am already concerned how these were serviced in the past for providing rate change notices but will review for that after I can figure out what we can do to move forward and ensure we are compliant with the new servicing requirements.

Any thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#1884951 - 01/10/14 12:32 AM Re: ARM Note and Forecast Days Everest
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
These are contractual issues and you need to engage your legal counsel. How can you possibly abide by and defend a challenge to a contract if a question arises as to whether the bank changes the rates correctly without the note containing the details of how and when a change occurs?.

Return to Top