Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1880616 - 12/20/13 05:02 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I guess i'm a bit lost...what's there to "build"? I mean, 3 years from now, i figure we'll be doing the same thing, going to the find a housing counselor link and printing the list.

Return to Top
HOEPA and Homeowner Counseling Rule
#1880626 - 12/20/13 05:12 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
I believe some origination systems/forms providers are 'building' the list into their loan platforms. Programming to pick up the zip, bounce the website, and return the 10 closest locations for this borrower on their own embedded logo form. Apparently they didn't think they'd be ready by Jan 10 so CFPB provided them a little breathing room.

I'm honestly surprised they gave this interim solution since lenders can go to the website and print the list, same as the customer can. But I'm always appreciative of additional ways to comply smile

Return to Top
#1880638 - 12/20/13 05:30 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Thanks for the info.

Return to Top
#1880892 - 12/23/13 01:26 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yes, but the question is for how long and that is also assuming that your document prep vendor is actually working on an automated solution. I could be wrong, but I doubt that many are based on the number of variables.

Return to Top
#1881384 - 12/26/13 03:03 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I knoow our's is, and they have also given us the alternate 'go find it' notice...but I intend to just generate a list for each application...not a real hard thing to do. At some point, I expect it will pick a list off of current address zipcode, or we may be able to input a borrower-specified zip...have no idea until they come up with that solution.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1885247 - 01/10/14 05:01 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
LA LA Offline
After reviewing our list of counselors, it appears our customers would have to travel a minimum of 120 miles. When I contacted a few of them, they offer online counseling and will provide the certificate if completed. Is anything written where the CFPB will not allow online counseling? Also, we have agencies that are not showing up on the list, but using the same online counseling and are much closer to our customers. Do we dare use someone not on the list, but are HUD approved?

Return to Top
#2046446 - 10/27/15 06:02 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
My memory is fuzzy: on a purchase transaction, would be pull the list based off the address of the property to be purchased (which will secure the loan.........this option is the one that seems correct to me) or pull it off of their current address (the home being purchased is a couple hundred miles away from where they currently live)? Thanks.

Return to Top
#2046447 - 10/27/15 06:04 PM Re: HO Counseling List/Form Mel in WA
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Except as otherwise provided in this section, not later than three business days after a lender, mortgage broker, or dealer receives an application, or information sufficient to complete an application, the lender must provide the loan applicant with a clear and conspicuous written list of homeownership counseling organizations that provide relevant counseling services in the loan applicant's location. The list of homeownership counseling organizations distributed to each loan applicant under this section shall be obtained no earlier than 30 days prior to the time when the list is provided to the loan applicant from either:

I guess that answers my question.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2