Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1874409 - 11/26/13 05:42 PM Loan Prospector - Home Value Explorer (HVE)
donnac Offline
Platinum Poster
I've been asked if the HVE value returned on the Loan Prospector findings sheet is considered an evaluation under the new Reg B appraisal requirements & if we must provide this value to the applicant.

Do we have to provide this value to the applicant? If yes, how are you providing it? Are you providing a copy of the Loan Prospector findings?

Thanks.

Return to Top
Interagency (Reg Z) and CFPB Reg B Appraisal Rules
#1874565 - 11/26/13 09:50 PM Re: Loan Prospector - Home Value Explorer (HVE) donnac
Indy Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
And we have found that the number changes during the underwriting process.

Return to Top
#1877524 - 12/10/13 08:54 PM Re: Loan Prospector - Home Value Explorer (HVE) donnac
ComplianceRegs Offline
100 Club
I would like to pose a similar question regarding programs used for fraud detection (e.g., LoanSafe and other fraud detection programs). Would the pricing and appraisal information found within a program utilized for fraud prevention be considered a valuation?

Return to Top
#1885362 - 01/10/14 06:34 PM Re: Loan Prospector - Home Value Explorer (HVE) donnac
MonicaMc Offline
100 Club
MonicaMc
Land of Oz
Originally Posted By: donnac
I've been asked if the HVE value returned on the Loan Prospector findings sheet is considered an evaluation under the new Reg B appraisal requirements & if we must provide this value to the applicant.

Do we have to provide this value to the applicant? If yes, how are you providing it? Are you providing a copy of the Loan Prospector findings?

Thanks.

We will be providing a copy of the LP feedback to every customer when an HVE shows up in LP.

(§ 1002.14(b)(3))
Automated valuation model reports used to estimate the property’s value

Return to Top