Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1887251 - 01/15/14 10:13 PM Compliance Audit Resources
rachelchri Offline
100 Club
Previously our Bank was using the "Self Assessment and Regulatory Compliance Review" workbooks from Sheshunoff for our Internal Audit reviews. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a specific company and/or product that they would recommend that includes: audit checklists, sample policies, and risk assessments. We are sort of looking for a one-stop shop instead of compiling checklists/policies from numerous resources.

Thanks!!

Return to Top
Audit
#1887264 - 01/15/14 10:31 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
We use Sheshunoff at the present time. I do not like their new format and will be shopping for a new vendor in about 6 months.

Return to Top
#1888827 - 01/21/14 10:14 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
complianceitor Offline
complianceitor
I am also not happy with Sheshunoff. I have used their Compliance Expert online service for years, but the changes recently made to it and especially the support available since Lexus Nexus purchased them is disappointing. So, I would also be interested in another resource for the same thing.

Return to Top
#1899202 - 02/22/14 04:29 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
ICBA has a good compliance audit program updated three times a year.

See http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbth...789#Post1898789 for link

Return to Top
#1901216 - 02/28/14 05:26 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I've used prior versions of both Sheshnoff and ICBA in the past. It's not the easiest, but I've found the best way is to take your exam manual and create your program from there.

Return to Top
#1901232 - 02/28/14 05:45 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I have ended up liking the exam manuals; some of the others just seem too compartmentalized, making more work in the long run.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1904249 - 03/11/14 06:08 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
I've used American Bank Systems CompliancePro in past lives and found it to be up to date and easy to use. They incorporate the prudential regulators exam manuals into the programs. Worth a look. https://www.americanbanksystems.com/Compliancepro.aspx

Also, look at Continuity Control http://www.continuity.net/

Return to Top
#1908302 - 03/25/14 02:14 PM Re: Compliance Audit Resources rachelchri
Combustible Offline
Diamond Poster
This year we are changing our audit procedures from full blown affiliate audits to auditing by Regulation (OCC is happy). We also changed our auditing formats to coincide with CFPB's exam manual, or if the CFPB hasn't gobbled up a specific reg yet, we go with the exam manual from the agency that owns the reg. It's tough getting used to something different, but none the less, examiners will be happy (hopefully). We got rid of Sheshnoff a couple of years ago.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z