BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#188969 - 05/12/04 01:46 PM Please Pray for Landon
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
My grandson was born yesterday 5:45 pm. The Dad didn't want to go into delivery...so I got the chance. It was so special....since I have no daughters...my son was adopted...I never thought I get the chance to see that happen. When they finally let me walk up to the little bed that he was on, the doctor, in very broken English, said "Good cry...I like that cry. I didn't think he'd make it but he did". At first I thought that perhaps I misunderstood. They brought him into the nursary and continued to work on him. I knew that was more attention than his sister had when she was born.....I felt something was wrong. However, he was crying and responding well to stimulation, but he was having a difficult time breathing. They put him under oxygen and last night around 10:00 they transferred him to a Neonatal Unit in a larger city. My son and his father-in-law are going over there as we speak to see if they can find out anything else.

Please, please keep him in your prayers....

Thanks,

Kathy

Last edited by Go 4 It; 05/12/04 01:47 PM.
Return to Top
#188970 - 05/12/04 01:56 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, how sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I am sure everything will be fine. Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Return to Top
#188971 - 05/12/04 02:01 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Prayers are coming from Southern Indiana. Keep us posted on Landon's progress, please.

Return to Top
#188972 - 05/12/04 02:02 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Your family will be in my prayers.

Return to Top
#188973 - 05/12/04 02:03 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My prayers are with you! I will think good thoughts for Landon throughout the day. I am sorry to hear of his troubles so early in life.

Return to Top
#188974 - 05/12/04 02:28 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
You and your family are in my prayers.

Return to Top
#188975 - 05/12/04 02:30 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
A prayer just went out for Landon and your family.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#188976 - 05/12/04 02:43 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Neonatologists and NICU nurses are the best. I'm sure your grandson will receive the best of medical care. Nevertheless, we ask the Lord to give them extraordinary wisdom and skill for Landon's sake. May God bless Landon with good health, and may he soon leave the NICU to be at home with his parents and grandparents.

Keep us posted.

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#188977 - 05/12/04 02:58 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
A prayer for Landon is on it's way.

When my daughter was born 2 years ago, we thought everything was fine and found out later that she had what they thought was a little fluid in her lungs, turned out she actually had pneumonia after they ran some more tests. She was in NICU for 10 days and was weaned off the oxygen after about 3 days. They can do amazing things now and I hope for the best with this new little one.

Return to Top
#188978 - 05/12/04 03:08 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
RUNSWITHSCISSORS Offline
Platinum Poster
RUNSWITHSCISSORS
You are right, medical science can do some amazing things nowadays! Our prayers are with you and your family for Landon's speedy recovery.

Return to Top
#188979 - 05/12/04 04:30 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
sue's mom Offline
Gold Star
sue's mom
IL
Prayers from the Chicago area are on the way for his complete recovery and for the family.

Return to Top
#188980 - 05/12/04 06:48 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Hang in there. My daughter was in the NICU for a month and now she is doing great at the age of 2. She was premature at 3lbs 12oz. The day after she was born she had a pneumothorax (sp?). (Collapsed lunge) They had to put a tube in her side and into her lung. We weren't allowed to hold her for the first week she was in the NICU. But slowly she improved and did very well. The nurses watch the babies very closely and the doctor is always very close. He's in good hands.

Return to Top
#188981 - 05/12/04 08:02 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
AnnL Offline
Gold Star
AnnL
Western PA
Landon and the rest of your family will be in our prayers!!! God Bless!!!

Return to Top
#188982 - 05/12/04 08:32 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Go 4 It, prayers coming your way. My son 18 months ago was in the NICU for 2 weeks after being born 4 weeks early because he couldn't breathe. Let me tell you, there's nothing like the NICU staff, they are a special breed and will definitely do their best.

Return to Top
#188983 - 05/12/04 09:02 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Peanut Offline
100 Club
Peanut
Midwest
Hold tight Kathy, Landon, his family, his nurses and his doctors are in my prayers.

L.

Return to Top
#188984 - 05/12/04 11:46 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Please keep us updated on Landon. He's in our prayers and so is your family! Babies are such a joy and such a worry sometimes! We'll be anxiously awaiting to hear wonderful news soon!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#188985 - 05/13/04 05:18 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
A special thanks to each of you for the prayers and words of encouragement. Landon was fed last night by feeding tube and he did well. They were going to feed him at 11:00 CST. If he continued to do well with that feeding, they would probably remove one of the IVs. Hopefully, things pick up daily.....

Return to Top
#188986 - 05/13/04 05:30 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Glad to hear it, keep us posted!

Return to Top
#188987 - 05/13/04 05:32 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Great news!!! Thanks for the update. I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.

Return to Top
#188988 - 05/13/04 09:59 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
litmachog Offline
litmachog
Arkansas
My prayers go out to you in a great way. Many prayers are out for Landon. It is amazing when so many prayer warriors are calling out to God for assistance, Jesus, the Great Physician takes over.

My prayers are for you and the family as well. Just lean on Him for comfort.

God bless you all.

Return to Top
#188989 - 05/14/04 02:05 PM Re: Landon-update please
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
How's he doing now?

Return to Top
#188990 - 05/14/04 03:23 PM Re: Landon-update please
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
bjp, thanks for asking. He was fed yesterday by a feeding tube (which scares me). I am telling myself that since he is struggling to breath, they simply don't want him to struggle to suck a bottle, therefore the feeding tube is the best way. He did really well on it...they said that if he continued to do well at the noon feeding yesterday, they would discontinue one of the IVs. Last night, his mom called. The doctors were hoping not to have to give him some type of medicine for his lungs(???????), but they ended up having to do just that. Now they will hold off on the feedings ....I'm not sure for how long...

Return to Top
#188991 - 05/14/04 03:36 PM Re: Landon-update please
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I am not sure if this will provide any comfort for you, but with our 2nd daughter (whom I mentioned above) they had a PICC line in her that fed her nutrients and later formula, it also allowed them to give her medicine for her lungs and withdraw blood. Inserting it and taking it out is a scary deal, but it avoided all the pricks and prodding and allowed them to see if she was digesting her food okay. I was not able to feed her until they were confident that she was digesting her food okay. That line was in her arm, she also had another one in her belly button.

Trust me, if you could see her today, you would never have known she had such a rough start. We will keep Landon and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Return to Top
#188992 - 05/14/04 05:21 PM Re: Landon-update please
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Go 4 It - was it 'sulfactrent'? That's something they usually give premature babies who's lungs aren't fully developed. I know the local March of Dimes was touting its' praises during their campaign a few years ago.

Return to Top
#188993 - 05/14/04 08:05 PM Re: Please Pray for Landon
Anonymous
Unregistered

My son spent 16 weeks in a NIC unit when he was born. He is now 22 healthy and happy...hang in there. We are praying...too!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett