Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#1893775 - 02/05/14 04:16 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Tebow has all the intangibles but no tangibles.

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1893792 - 02/05/14 04:29 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TheTruth
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: TheTruth
There is no guarantee Dalton or the Bengals will ever play in another playoff game. JMHO

there are no guarantees that anyone will ever make a playoff game...but if i were to put odds, as longas Romo is in dallas as the starting QB, they won't be making the playoffs

Return to Top
#1893793 - 02/05/14 04:30 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I can't blame Jim Kelly for the "Norwood wide right" loss. Of the other 3 I remember Dallas beating up on them but don't recall the other 2.
Last edited by Sox in '13; 02/05/14 04:30 PM.

Return to Top
#1893814 - 02/05/14 04:53 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
OK fair enough, and there is no guarantee that Romo will not continue his choke status. But if you want to compare them at the the first three seasons they would be equal based on making the playoffs, so I don't see your point.

Pro Bowls are subjective.

Return to Top
#1893820 - 02/05/14 05:00 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... HappyGilmore
TheTruth Offline
TheTruth
USA
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
There is no guarantee Dalton or the Bengals will ever play in another playoff game. JMHO

there are no guarantees that anyone will ever make a playoff game...but if i were to put odds, as longas Romo is in dallas as the starting QB, they won't be making the playoffs

Not the point. Romo had a better completion %, more yards, more TD and fewer int than Dalton did over the first 3 seasons of their respective careers. You don't know what Dalton is going to do over years 4 to 8, maybe he will be a 5 time pro bowl player and lead the Bengals to 5 Super Bowls, then again maybe he is a back up in Houston.

Return to Top
#1893825 - 02/05/14 05:08 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Well I do know that Dalton has a really good chance at not being as bad as Romo in year 4-8. Additionally, you suggest that Dalton will not be the starter after his rookie contract. While you have a chance at being right, I think he has played pretty solid and is likely to be the QB. Sure, every team is looking for their home run chance at finding the next great QB, but if you would ask me who to take Dalton or the kid from Louisville I would go with Dalton right now. He is a known commodity which is pretty solid.

Return to Top
#1893827 - 02/05/14 05:12 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Sound Tactic
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: rED Herring
Well I do know that Dalton has a really good chance at not being as bad as Romo in year 4-8. A

you can say the same as most high school QBs if they made it to the NFL based upon their HS abilities. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1893830 - 02/05/14 05:19 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:

To be fair, Romo made the playoffs in 3 of his first 4 years and was a Pro Bowl QB those three seasons. If Andy Dalton is even a starting QB after his rookie contract is up I will be surprised.

For the record, I hate the Cowboys and am not a Romo fan in the least. But if you want to compare Romo to Dalton, you should compare what they did at similar points of their careers. There is no guarantee Dalton or the Bengals will ever play in another playoff game. JMHO

Dalton made the pro bowl his first year.

Quote:
Not the point. Romo had a better completion %, more yards, more TD and fewer int than Dalton did over the first 3 seasons of their respective careers.

If you are comparing any 1 year to any 1 year you are wrong. Right now Dalton has played 2 seasons. If you compare those two seasons to Romo's first 3, Dalton's second he had a 63.1% completion percentage and Romo had a 62.3%. Last time I checked 63>62. Or maybe you want to include the first year where Romo received a 0% completion percentage. Dalton was thrown into the fray right away where Romo had the luxury of learning a system for a year.

Now I will look at their yardage. Romo's first year he had 2903 yards (not including his zero yard season). Dalton had 3400 and 3700 yards. In Dalton's first two years he had 20 and 27 TDs. Romo had 0 (ok I will stop that now), 19, 36 and 26. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Hey, you might be right regarding Romo and Dalton, time will tell. But making up statistics is not going to go over well in this debate.

Return to Top
#1893836 - 02/05/14 05:25 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
TheTruth Offline
TheTruth
USA
Dalton has played three seasons.

I compared 2006-2008 for Romo 3 seasons as a starter to the first 3 years of Dalton's career
Last edited by TheTruth; 02/05/14 05:27 PM.
Return to Top
#1893840 - 02/05/14 05:29 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
OK, I didn't have stats for those, but I think the numbers I posted speak for themselves. I think you are wanting to keep Romo's first season out of the statistics as Dalton would be so far ahead at this point it is not even funny. If you do, then adding the three together you might be right. But Romo was not better in all three years by any stretch of the imagination.

Even if you get to cherry pick out the first year for Romo, it is an apples to oranges argument. Dalton has started since year 1. Romo had the luxury of easing into his system.

Return to Top
#1893841 - 02/05/14 05:30 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TheTruth
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Dalton has played three seasons.

I compared 2006-2008 for Romo 3 seasons as a starter to the first 3 years of Dalton's career

Oh ok, so you didn't actually mean their first 3 seasons. See my previous post, it is an apples to oranges comparison. That said, it still does not mean Dalton is better. But I think he is.

Return to Top
#1893849 - 02/05/14 05:40 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Pale Rider
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Dallas was down the tubes when they dismissed Tom Landry in the fashion of Mr. Jerry OK Jones. They ceased being America's team back then.

This is another thing that I hear that i think is more myth than fact.

1) Landry was mid 60's and was coming off the worst record in the league, three straight losing seasons, and 1 playoff appearance in 5 years.

2) The replacement was Jimmy Johnson who went on to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years --And yes it is THREE, because I've chosen to live my life without acknowledging Barry Switzer as a super bowl winning coach

As much as i hate Jerrah, firing landry was the right move.

Return to Top
#1893863 - 02/05/14 06:14 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It was the manner in which Mr. Landry was summarily dismissed SM, that is what upset so many. I was living in Dallas at the time, attending Dallas Seminary. One of my profs was the team chaplain and Tom Landry was a great supporter of the Seminary. He did not deserve the treatment he got from Jerry Jones.

Return to Top
#1893865 - 02/05/14 06:18 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
One more thing SM, you should be looking at Landry's 29-year record in total, not that last few years. The Cowboys would not be one of the most successful sports franchises without the leadership of Landry, just my opinion....

Return to Top
#1893889 - 02/05/14 06:46 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
One more thing SM, you should be looking at Landry's 29-year record in total, not that last few years. The Cowboys would not be one of the most successful sports franchises without the leadership of Landry, just my opinion....

As much as I dislike the Cowboys, Tom Landry was an honorable man, conducted himself as such, and demanded his team conduct themselves as such, too. Don't know we'll ever see a coach of his moral caliber again.

Return to Top
#1893898 - 02/05/14 06:54 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Pale Rider
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas

Oh no, I agree, he's a legend. But even legends lose it eventually.

It was the manner in which Mr. Landry was summarily dismissed SM, that is what upset so many. I was living in Dallas at the time, attending Dallas Seminary. One of my profs was the team chaplain and Tom Landry was a great supporter of the Seminary. He did not deserve the treatment he got from Jerry Jones.

What exactly did Jones do? I'm not being facetious, I'm legitimately asking. I've always heard people say this, but was too young when it happened to remember and haven't ever seen what exactly happened.

Return to Top
#1893916 - 02/05/14 07:09 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Sound Tactic
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
Originally Posted By: Sox in '13
Can't we just put Romo to the smell test? He doesn't pass. I think Bradys resume is a bit more impressive than Romo.

I think Andy Dalton's resume is a bit more impressive than Romo's.

I'm not a Romo fan/apologist, but that's crazy talk.

How so Mr. Worried about how someone on a random message board spells Peyton Manning?

IMO Dalton has been more impressive than Romo. At least he makes the playoffs. My purpose was to find a mediocre QB and compare him to Romo. I found one that I think is probably a little better than Romo.

Romo has at least won a playoff game, unlike Dalton.

As for the spelling of Peyton Manning, it's a pet peeve of mine. The guy has been in the league for 16 seasons and is one of the most recognizable faces in the league. The spelling of his first name should be commonly understood.

I'm equally irked when people misspell Cincinnati (e.g. Cinncinati or Cincinnatti). Drives me nuts.

Return to Top
#1893924 - 02/05/14 07:17 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... grmasterb
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

As for the spelling of Peyton Manning, it's a pet peeve of mine. The guy has been in the league for 16 seasons and is one of the most recognizable faces in the league. The spelling of his first name should be commonly understood.

I'm equally irked when people misspell Cincinnati (e.g. Cinncinati or Cincinnatti). Drives me nuts.

Peyton Manning is actually Tim Brady from New Englund? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1893929 - 02/05/14 07:23 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... edAudit
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

Is he like Cliff Paul from those State Farm commercials?

Return to Top
#1893932 - 02/05/14 07:27 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Peyton would be like Cliff Paul and Tim would be like Dennis from Allstate.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1893934 - 02/05/14 07:27 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro

I think I'd take Tim Brady over Romo.

Return to Top
#1893943 - 02/05/14 07:32 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... grmasterb
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:

I would recommend getting over it. This is a random message board. These message boards are really not the place to critique spelling and grammar. If I cared enough to spell it right I would have looked it up.

You don't see me critiquing the parallelism errors in your first sentence. Nor did I complain about the seemingly incomplete and improper sentence after Cincinnatti. The point I am trying to make is if you we really spent all day doing this, then the debate out the QB would never be taking place.

That said, I appreciate that you taught me how to properly spell the guys name. I cannot fault you for that. I am simply suggesting not to make a habit out of it.
Last edited by rED Herring; 02/05/14 07:39 PM.

Return to Top
#1893948 - 02/05/14 07:35 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Sox in '13

I think I'd take Tim Brady over Romo.

I think I would take Julie Brady over Romo.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1893953 - 02/05/14 07:38 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... Sound Tactic
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Quote:

I would recommend getting over it. This is a random message board. These message boards are really not the place to critique spelling and grammar. If I cared enough to spell it right I would have looked it up.

I had moved on until you raised the issue with me in your last reply. That said, you wouldn't have needed to look far. You were the only one in this thread misspelling his name.

Now, back to Dalton v. Romo.

Return to Top
#1893956 - 02/05/14 07:41 PM Re: Best Regular Season QB is.... TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:
You were the only one in this thread misspelling his name.

You are still hung up on this? Good god. I am guessing that your posts should be free from parallelism errors.

Oh and I was not the only one who misspelled his name. Like The Truth, you are not entitled to your own facts. See Happy's first post where he used the term Payton.
Last edited by rED Herring; 02/05/14 07:43 PM.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9