Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1896937 - 02/13/14 06:39 PM HMDA or not? unknown if propery was owned or not
Banker Chick Offline
TN
HMDA or not?

Application declined on a commercial R/E loan (purpose of loan was for working capital)to be sucured by 3 known residential properties. It is unknown if the properties were owned free and clear or not. The app was declinded so we did not do a title search.

Would you report this as a declined refinance or not report at all since the bank has no knowledge if there were liens or not...

Thanks for you opinion in advance!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1897022 - 02/13/14 07:44 PM Re: HMDA or not? unknown if propery was owned or not Banker Chick
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Were they planning on refinancing the properties or was it a straight workking capital loan?

Return to Top
#1897174 - 02/13/14 10:21 PM Re: HMDA or not? unknown if propery was owned or not Skittles
Banker Chick Offline
TN
They were pledging the properties as security for a working capital loan.

Return to Top
#1897408 - 02/14/14 04:51 PM Re: HMDA or not? unknown if propery was owned or not Banker Chick
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
If the only purpose of the loan rquest is for working capital, prior liens wouldn't matter. It would not be reportable.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM