BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1898363 - 02/19/14 10:47 PM Credit Repair Disputes - Entire History
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Hey Kids,

I've searched the threads and know that we have certain protections under the FCRA as that applies to disputes sent through a credit repair company. What I would like to know is how are you handling a request for a full account history validation?

If I reply and say I need specific transactions, and they reply and say, "entire history", can I consider that frivolous?

Do you honor these requests if they are from a credit repair company or do you ignore them?

Thanks in advance.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1898427 - 02/20/14 02:56 PM Re: Credit Repair Disputes - Entire History Norman Paperman
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I wouldn't call asking for a validation of my loan history as frivolous. I would respond that "at your request I've reviewed the entire history for loan #xxx4567 and show it to have a payment history of over 30 days late in June 2010, July, 2010 and September 2011 and over 60 days late in Octover 2011.....

I review requests from credit repair companies closely. If it is a canned letter with a typed signature I send a letter directly to the customer's last known address, explaining for privacy purposes, I am wanting to verify the request.

Return to Top
#1898833 - 02/21/14 03:53 PM Re: Credit Repair Disputes - Entire History Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
So, if you are unable to contact the customer at their last known address, do you simply not honor the request if it has come from a credit repair agency. We are receiving more and more of these canned letters.

How are others out there handling these?

(2) The furnisher has a reasonable belief that the direct dispute is submitted by, is prepared on behalf of the consumer by, or is submitted on a form supplied to the consumer by, a credit repair organization, as defined in 15 U.S.C. 1679a(3), or an entity that would be a credit repair organization, but for 15 U.S.C. 1679a(3)(B)(i).

(d) Direct dispute notice contents. A dispute notice must include:

(1) Sufficient information to identify the account or other relationship that is in dispute, such as an account number and the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer, if applicable;

(2) The specific information that the consumer is disputing and an explanation of the basis for the dispute; and

CRCM

Return to Top
#1899099 - 02/21/14 08:50 PM Re: Credit Repair Disputes - Entire History Norman Paperman
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A request solely for a complete loan history is not a dispute. Tell them to send you your fee for providing a complete loan history and a release signed by your customer and you will be glad to comply with their request.

Return to Top