Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1905025 - 03/13/14 04:18 PM Private ATM
mdog76 Offline
Platinum Poster
Does the State of Tennessee require Private ATM Owners to register the ATM with the state? I've searched Tennessee Code and can't find it, unless I missed it.

Return to Top
#1911572 - 04/04/14 01:36 PM Re: Private ATM mdog76
SonnyGirl Offline
Gold Star
They did a few years ago, I know. That came up in one of BSA exams. The FDIC examiner is who informed us - I then contacted the State and they sent me the statute, I believe but that has been a long time ago. The problem then was and I would assume still is, they do not have enough staff to police it. Whoever I contacted at the state asked us to report any businesses/persons we knew of that had one that was not registered. You might just call the TN Dept of Financial Institutions to get more info. I tried to locate the information I received which was in 2008, I believe, but I couldn't locate it.

Return to Top
#1912143 - 04/07/14 01:23 PM Re: Private ATM mdog76
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I'm not aware of any state registration requirement, but the state has required that any ATM be owned, at least in part, by a bank, for many years. At a TDFI representative announced at a Nashville conference last month that the provision would probably be eliminated in the near future. Call them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Jack Holzknecht