Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1905196 - 03/13/14 07:21 PM OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records
C-Lo Offline
Ohio
I am curious to see if OFAC screening systems at other financial institutions produce pass/fail results for each individual record screened or if the system only produces the total number of records screened at any given time (i.e. if pulling a sample of new or existing customers, one could not determine when an OFAC screening occurred or whether or not the record passed or failed).

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1905206 - 03/13/14 07:28 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
We pass a status back to the sending system for each record (whether customers, accounts, or transactions).

Return to Top
#1905211 - 03/13/14 07:33 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
C-Lo Offline
Ohio
Thanks, Ed. Can you then query that system by name, TIN, etc. for an individual result that occured in the past (for example, last month)?

Return to Top
#1905213 - 03/13/14 07:35 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
We screen through eFunds (FIS) and I can go back later if need be and pull individual records.

Return to Top
#1905220 - 03/13/14 07:41 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: C-Lo
Thanks, Ed. Can you then query that system by name, TIN, etc. for an individual result that occurred in the past (for example, last month)?

If you're asking whether you can query the sending system, that would depend on how that system stores the results passed back to it.

If you're asking whether you can query the screening system, yes, although there are limits on which attributes can be searched on without developing a custom query.

Return to Top
#1905249 - 03/13/14 08:48 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
C-Lo Offline
Ohio
I was asking if you could query the screening system as a method to self-test a sample of individual and/or entity clients to ensure the OFAC check was performed, the timing of the OFAC check, and the result. Then, review the items that originally came back as potential matches and ensure they were appropriately handled.

Return to Top
#1905260 - 03/13/14 08:59 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
well, yes, that's part of our QA and UAT processes for new feeds, modifications to feeds, and enhancements to certain screening attributes.

Return to Top
#1905271 - 03/13/14 09:16 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records C-Lo
C-Lo Offline
Ohio
It was at my former employer as well. They were a little more than 3x the size of the bank I work for now ($25 billion). I appreciate your insight. I'm hoping to glean some best practice discussion from this forum so, hopefully others will provide feedback.

Thank you to you as well, renniks.

Return to Top
#1905752 - 03/15/14 04:54 PM Re: OFAC Screening - Results of Individual Records renniks
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Originally Posted By: renniks
We screen through eFunds (FIS) and I can go back later if need be and pull individual records.

Hi ...it's my understanding that FIS and other vendors don't keep the information around forever. It may be a good practice to run the report monthly and archive it at the financial institution for further analysis.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z