Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1807484 - 04/23/13 09:54 PM Call Report Guru
SUSANE1 Offline
Platinum Poster
Is there one of the BOL guru's that is savvy regarding the Call Report? I have question concerning unused commitments RC-L ?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1807486 - 04/23/13 10:07 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I'm not a BOL guru, but I have a lot of experience in Call Reports. Go ahead and ask and I'll give it a try. smile

Return to Top
#1906166 - 03/17/14 10:16 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
CRL Offline
Platinum Poster
CRL
Call Report Question about schedule RC-C line 1.c. Secured by 1-4 family residential properties. The instructions states to include: "1-4 dwelling units or more than four dwelling units if each is separated from other units by dividing walls that extend from ground to roof (e.g. row houses, townhouses, or the like.)

So, if my loan is secured by an apartment complex (1 tax parcel, 1 DOT, not individually titled units) that contains 5 fourplexes, so each "structure" unit only contains 4 units, then should that loan be reported as 1-4 family on RC-C 1.c? I understand this would be the case for HMDA reporting, but is the call report actually following the same logic?
Last edited by CRL; 03/17/14 10:17 PM.
Return to Top
#1906175 - 03/17/14 10:52 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I would use 1.d., multifamily residential dwellings.
Nonfarm properties with 5 or more dwelling units in structures (including apartment buildings and apartment hotels) used primarily to accommodate households on a more or less permanent basis.

Townhomes and apartment buildings are clearly different types of dwellings. (to me, anyway)

Return to Top
#1906180 - 03/17/14 11:17 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
CRL Offline
Platinum Poster
CRL
So you would NOT use the "or more than four units if each is separated from other units by dividing walls that extend from ground to roof?" So another example, 10 apartments attached in one building, but all single story, none stacked. Would you also call this multifamily?

I actually agree... but the definition I think confuses the matter?

Return to Top
#1906181 - 03/17/14 11:35 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
I totally concur with Califgirl - 1.d., multifamily

Return to Top
#1906193 - 03/17/14 11:51 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sorry I disagree. You have multiple 1-4 family dwellings on a single piece of property.

Return to Top
#1906199 - 03/18/14 12:10 AM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I agree with Randy. These are multiple 1-4. You could mess bank reporting up for CRA. Multifam can be HMDA & CRA
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1906203 - 03/18/14 12:28 AM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
CRL Offline
Platinum Poster
CRL
Yes, that sounds like HMDA's definition... which again, I think is how the call report instructions read (although they reference the "floor to ceiling" distinction, so to me, sounds like a bit different, if the units aren't "stacked" then it doesn't matter how many there are for call report purposes, they all go in the 1-4 family line 1c?

I think I'm going to get our CFO to ask FDIC call report unit... will report back if anything definitive.

Return to Top
#2017303 - 06/01/15 03:38 PM Re: Call Report Guru CRL
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
Curious to see if you ever heard anything back about the call report or if anyone else has changed their opinion. This debate has reared its head again since some credit people have seen the multi-family footnote to the Reg.B appraisal rules (see quote below) and think multiple four unit buildings need to be Multi-Family for Call Report purposes.

Quote:
79 With respect to the example raised by a creditor and two national creditor associations – three four-unit buildings operated as a 12-unit apartment complex, the text of the rule makes clear that a four-unit residential building would be a dwelling, but a 12-unit apartment complex is not. Thus a transaction secured by a four-unit residential building would be covered by the rule, but a transaction secured by the entire 12-unit apartment complex would not be. Because this question can be analyzed in a straightforward manner by reference to the text of the rule, the Bureau does not believe that further commentary is needed for this to be apparent.
Last edited by Carolina Blue; 06/01/15 03:40 PM. Reason: quote formatting
Return to Top
#2018230 - 06/03/15 11:30 PM Re: Call Report Guru Carolina Blue
fmissle Online
Diamond Poster
Pac NW
That conflicts with what the FRB asked us to scrub in our HMDA file this year. I received this e-mail on 4/17/15 and they asked us to review the filing.

Quote:
Dear HMDA Respondent,

PURPOSE OF NOTIFICATION
In preparation for the September 2015 public release of the calendar year 2014 HMDA data, the Federal Reserve Board’s HMDA Operations unit is currently conducting their analysis of the data to identify possible misreporting and to give institutions the opportunity to revise their data file.

DATA FIELD TO BE VERIFIED: PROPERTY TYPE REPORTED AS MULTIFAMILY DWELLING
Definition: A multifamily dwelling is a SINGLE structure that contains five or more 1-to-4 family dwellings.

Below are examples of loans reported erroneously with the property type of multifamily; all below loans scenarios are a loan for MULTIPLE 1-to-4 family dwellings or MULTIPLE manufactured housing.
• a single loan for five or more single 1-to-4 family dwellings and/or manufactured housing
• a single loan for multiple duplexes
• a single loan for multiple triplexes
• a single loan for multiple quadplexes
• a trailer park/community containing any number of manufactured homes

REQUIRED ACTION
Please review all loans reported with a property type of multifamily. Per the above information, please confirm the information as accurate or correct the property type to either 1-to-4 family or manufactured housing. So that we may monitor incoming revised data files due to this communication, please reply to this e-mail by simply adding to the existing subject heading either “Resubmitting” or “Verified as Accurate” and include the institution’s HMDA Respondent ID.

Please note that other e-mails will be going out as well regarding other data fields over the next few days. Since you may receive some of these other e-mails, we suggest that you wait to resubmit, if necessary, until Wednesday, April 22nd to minimize the number of necessary resubmissions. Lastly, if you are using the FFIEC HMDA Data Entry Software, please transmit the revised data file using the Export option, Submission via Web; you will receive the resulting edit report within one hour or less from the time of your transmitting the data. A response to the updated edit report is due by close of business Monday, April 27, 2015.

Return to Top
#2018231 - 06/03/15 11:37 PM Re: Call Report Guru SUSANE1
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Never cross definitions unless a reg directs you to a definition in another reg.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top