Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1911593 - 04/04/14 01:51 PM Regulation CC - Availability
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
We have always been a next day availability bank, unless a case by case or exception hold was placed. We have gone to a new system and when you deposit any checks they are immediately available for withdrawal unless the teller determines a hold needs to be placed. Do I need to rework my banks Funds Availability Disclosures to indicate our bank is a same day availability bank?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1911639 - 04/04/14 02:07 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Can't the system parameter be changed to reflect the bank's process? A system should not drive bank policy. If it cannot be changed, disclosures must reflect the new bank schedule.
Last edited by Kathleen B; 04/04/14 02:08 PM.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1911654 - 04/04/14 02:13 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
I believe it is the way the FIS Horizon Teller system works and I've been told that this is the only way it will operate. I believe this is going to cause me to change our disclosures too, just needed some clarification.

Return to Top
#1911706 - 04/04/14 02:48 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
We are an FIS Horizon bank and we have next day availability.

Return to Top
#1911720 - 04/04/14 02:56 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Are you sure the teller system is not just memo posting deposits? That is different than an on-line/real time system.

Return to Top
#1911854 - 04/04/14 05:06 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Dig further into what is actually going on, and determine whether system parameters can be tweaked to reflect your stated policy, before doing anything about changing the policy and disclosures. Give yourself a short deadline and if you need to change the disclosures, get started on that project.

Don't forget that if you change your policy to make funds available more expeditiously, you must notify existing consumer accountholders no later than 30 days after implementing the change.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1912008 - 04/04/14 07:58 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
After discussions with a few of the individuals who implemented the new system, it is their intent to give same day availability, per upper management. Now, the problem is that the 30 day after implementing the change disclosure never got sent. Now what?

Return to Top
#1912015 - 04/04/14 08:14 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Send it now and quit losing any sleep. What actual harm has been caused?

Return to Top
#1912195 - 04/07/14 02:32 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I agree. Send it and move on the the next big thing.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1912212 - 04/07/14 03:02 PM Re: Regulation CC - Availability Purex
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
We have always been a next day availability bank,

The regulation simply does not contemplate making the funds available on a same day basis. (Consider that in 1990 when the regulation was fully phased in, many banks could not reflect same day deposits on their teller screens.) The only possibilities it contemplates are "next day" or "delayed" availability.

Accordingly, I don't think your disclosure needs to reflect "same day" availability at all. If it does, your change is a little over 23 years late... Seriously, I would not bother and if a third party said it was necessary, I would ask for some support for that advice. If they could provide it, I would send notification of the correction, but it's a "no harm, no foul" situation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett