Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1912096 - 04/04/14 10:49 PM Multiple transaction or not
RSC Offline
Customer comes in on Saturday takes out $12,000 cash for a real estate auction. Then on Monday deposits the $12,000 back into account. CTR being filed for the in and the out. The question that I have is this considered a multiple transaction? All of the examples that I have seen only cover multiple transactions into accounts. The only reason why I am thinking that it is not a multiple transaction is that they want the cash ins and outs separate. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1912100 - 04/04/14 10:59 PM Re: Multiple transaction or not RSC
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Enter "X" if multiple transactions were conducted by or for the person recorded in the 4A record.

Seems to me that two separate transactions meet the definition of multiple smile

Return to Top
#1912106 - 04/05/14 04:26 PM Re: Multiple transaction or not RSC
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If someone hands you the CTR months later and says they want the supporting documents, are you looking for one transaction or more than one transaction? Assuming that Saturday and Monday are the same "business day" for your bank, it's a single CTR and "multiple transactions."

Return to Top
#1913363 - 04/10/14 02:16 PM Re: Multiple transaction or not RSC
thisisme08 Offline
Something to keep in mind for the future; How does the transaction(s) show up in the Teller journal? In this case you have the initial w/draw and then the deposit or 2 seperate entries ergo check multiple transactions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z