Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1912870 - 04/08/14 11:26 PM CRA- SB perf. eval. data on Small Bus. Borrowers
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
I have been asked to put together a mid-cycle CRA performance evaluation for my bank. We are a small bank and are on a 5 year exam schedule and mgmt would like me to do one as of year 4 to see if we are still OK before next exam.
I have the exam procedures and have no trouble with this portion...
Perhaps stupid question.. Where can I obtain the information on the Small Business Loan Borrowers (i.e. over and under $1 mil by AA). The Public files show D & B statistics... must we purchase this information or is there some other place it can be obtained..also the Small Business Loan Geographic distribution.. If we must purchase does anyone have an approx. cost?
We are using a complete county as our AA if this helps.

Return to Top
CRA
#1912873 - 04/08/14 11:40 PM Re: CRA- SB perf. eval. data on Small Bus. Borrowers Chocaholic
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I am not sure I follow. D&B data is a product you purchase, at a steep fee. The census bureau also has data on businesses, as well as local Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development authorities, etc.

You can also pull the disclosure statements data of banks that have submitted for CRA from the FFIEC site.

http://www.ffiec.gov/cra/craproducts.htm

I am assuming you do not mean where to pull your bank's data, but I couldn't tell from the question.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1912876 - 04/08/14 11:47 PM Re: CRA- SB perf. eval. data on Small Bus. Borrowers Kathleen O. Blanchard
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
What I am looking to create is a comparision between our bank data (loans to businesses over and under 1 mil) to what is the D & B profile for the same size of businesses with our AA.

This is the information in table form for a Small Bank under Borrower Profile in the public PE. The line from another banks PE says " Loans are stratified by borrower gross annual revenues and compared to the most recent available demographic data by D & B. " It is this summary data I am looking for... does the census information provide data on businesses.. If yes, where/how to I access.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
#1912879 - 04/09/14 12:11 AM Re: CRA- SB perf. eval. data on Small Bus. Borrowers Chocaholic
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You can obtain data here.

https://www.census.gov/econ/geography.html

It will not match the D&B data. But gather info there and from what you can find in your county to support what is actually going on in the area.

The industry keeps trying to get the regulators to give D&B up and they say they would if they had a substitute. It is not accurate, it is simply what people tell D&B, it is not validated in any fashion and is quite expensive.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top