Thread Options
#1684247 - 03/30/12 04:47 PM Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS**
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Opening this thread by request. smile

WARNING:

There will be spoilers included in this discussion, so if you have not finished the most recent installment of the series, you may not want to look!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1684269 - 03/30/12 05:11 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Ok I will go first, I am positive the next book will be qhuinn and blaylock, with Layla getting preggers and her attachment to xcor. My problem with lover Reborn was that it just ended to neatly, I cannot fathom them both loving each other at that moment. Maybe I was just thinking it was too quick for Tohr.

She is going to announce this weekend at a book signing who the next one is about

Return to Top
#1684274 - 03/30/12 05:18 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm thinking along the same lines, kms. Way, way too neatly tied up.

I halfway expect her to throw us a curve ball and have the next book be about Assail, but that would jump her pattern by one installment. Usually the new character is a sideline for two books before they get their own story. smirk

Return to Top
#1684276 - 03/30/12 05:19 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I guess that pattern would make the next book belong to Xcor, huh?

Return to Top
#1684284 - 03/30/12 05:34 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
I'm thinking like kms and the next one will be about Quinn & Blay. This book was not my favorite, Phury was my least favorite until now, I'm not sure if this one is now the bottom for me or if Phury's still on the bottom. I can't put my finger on the exact reason why this wasn't my favorite, except that I think I was just done with hearing about Tohr & Wellsie. I wasn't happy with the way things started off with John & Xhex, but I was really glad with the way that story line ended and John manned up and let Xhex be who she is.

So which one book is everyone's fav? I have a hard time picking between Z and Rhev!

Return to Top
#1684287 - 03/30/12 05:37 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
And thanks RR Becca for starting this thread!

Return to Top
#1684298 - 03/30/12 05:45 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am a Rhage girl here! I was happy to have a little more him in this one. It seems like V gets a lot in every book.

I will say I was crying my eyes out when each of the Brothers came to Tohrs room before the fade ceremony!

The next one could be the love pentagon of Blay/Qhuinn/Saxton/Layla/Xcor. I have no idea how she will unravel this all!

Return to Top
#1684306 - 03/30/12 05:54 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I don't think I can pick a favorite. crazy

Return to Top
#1684328 - 03/30/12 06:21 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
I have been patiently waiting for the Blay/Qhuinn/Saxton triangle to play out. I am hoping it comes to fruition in the next novel. I am glad Layla has gotten 'used'. Took her long enough...all that frustration and dejection. Didn't Blay have a vision about their young a couple of novels ago?

Xcor and Layla...she will be the taming of the heathen, similar to Mary's taming of Rhage's dragon.

I can't wait for the next chapter!

As far as my favorite? I think it was Wrath and Beth....the first one. It defined the brotherhood and brought each of the characters to life.

Return to Top
#1684460 - 03/30/12 08:53 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
joyfulone Offline
CA
Finally finished. I think the next one will be Qhuinn. He will become a Brother. I think those are the Daggers V was making.

I like V, Rhev and Rhage the best. I think there isn't enough of all of them in each book.

Return to Top
#1684495 - 03/30/12 09:39 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Oh I was thinking they were the ones he gave tohr but then torh did say those took over a year to make..

Return to Top
#1684586 - 04/02/12 12:24 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
They can't make Qhuinn a Brother until Saxton finds whatever he was looking for in all those Old Law books. Remember his line about "I've been given an impossible task and no time in which to accomplish it" or something like that, anyway.

Do you think they'll induct just Qhuinn, or he and John Matthew together?

Return to Top
#1684588 - 04/02/12 12:34 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
I think they will induct Qhuinn alone. I think each of the brotherhood deserves to have the induction ceremony dedicated to one warrior at a time, but then again, I am just a human.... grin

Return to Top
#1684604 - 04/02/12 01:25 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Must.....not......look.

Only on Butch and Marissa smile
Last edited by lcrew; 04/02/12 01:26 PM. Reason: can't spell

Return to Top
#1684694 - 04/02/12 03:31 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ecrew,CRCM
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I'm not sure who the next book will be about but probably Xcor (or maybe Lassiter?) as she has said that Blay and Qhuinn's story will be in a novella.

At any rate, I liked the book but am not quite convinced on the whole Tohr/Autumn matching. I mean, if he really loved her wouldn't the bonding scent have come out at some point? At the very least at the end of the book?

And, this is the second book where we have seen a lot of side stories. Think this is the new M.O. for JR Ward?

Return to Top
#1684696 - 04/02/12 03:33 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Sarah
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Oh, and how do they induct Qhuinn and not John Matthew?

Return to Top
#1684698 - 04/02/12 03:34 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I think she's trying to build a strong enough universe/canon to keep the series going now that the bulk of the main characters have gotten their HEAs. smirk

And I want to know if Lassiter's story is going to happen via BDB or the Angels series.

Return to Top
#1684699 - 04/02/12 03:35 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah

That's what I'm wondering. There's that whole issue of Q being "bound" to JM because of the private guard thing.

Return to Top
#1684700 - 04/02/12 03:35 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Because we HAVE to have Lassiter's story...and soon! Hmmm...I wonder if the next Fallen Angels book is out there for pre-order yet?

Return to Top
#1684701 - 04/02/12 03:37 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

That's what I'm wondering. There's that whole issue of Q being "bound" to JM because of the private guard thing.

And the fact that JM is full blooded being Darius' son. You'd think that would grant him an automatic in right there.

Return to Top
#1684727 - 04/02/12 04:06 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
But his mother wasn't a Chosen - at least as far as they know.

And besides, he's not really Darius' son - he's Darius reincarnated, remember? wink

Return to Top
#1684750 - 04/02/12 04:37 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Oh yeah, that's right on the Chosen.

And, we know that JM is Darius reincarnated but the Brothers don't. LOL

I'm just curious to see how things are going to change with the BOB in the picture now. And how does Assail fiy into the whole scheme of things? And, no mention of Murhder in this book but I wonder when he's going to make an appearance? I thought maybe he'd be the thing that caused the issues with JM and Xhex but apparently not?

Return to Top
#1684752 - 04/02/12 04:39 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
And what about Throe? He's the son of a Brother, but ended up blackmailed into the BOB.

And I'd almost forgotten about Murhder!

Return to Top
#1684761 - 04/02/12 04:48 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Sarah
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
And, we know that JM is Darius reincarnated but the Brothers don't.

I've been wondering about this. No one seems to mention this. They make comments about JM looking so much like Darius, but it never goes any farther than that. I keep wondering how much longer until it comes out that he is Darius.

Didn't JR Ward announce this weekend that the next book will be Quinn & Blay?

I'm also wondering about Assail & Murhder, when the Murhder thing went no where, I kept waiting for something to come back about it. I guess there's a point, we'll probably just ahve to wait.

Return to Top
#1684835 - 04/02/12 06:29 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
THEIR TIME HAS COME. 2013- NEXT BDB HARDCOVER.....BLAY & QHUINN!!!! -- this is from JR Ward's FB page. Question answered!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11