Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1912555 - 04/08/14 01:47 PM Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip?
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I’ve been asked to find out if we can pull a credit bureau report in order to attempt to locate a deposit account customer who is currently in arrears and has skipped out on us.

“Address is no good, phone number is no good, would it be ok to pull her credit so that I can see where she works or a new address?”

In bygone days this was not a problem at all however I don’t know if current regulations concerning the use of credit bureaus would allow the access of credit records for skip tracing purposes.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1912564 - 04/08/14 01:58 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
A_G Online
10K Club
Did you try a Google search?

Return to Top
#1912571 - 04/08/14 02:03 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I wasn't given the account to chase so I'll be happy to let the assigned officer do that. I was tasked with finding out if we could pull a credit report on this DDA customer in order to track her down.

I'm taking a look at our relevant disclosures which are given to customers when accounts are opened for them.

Return to Top
#1912607 - 04/08/14 02:57 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
"I’ve been asked to find out if we can pull a credit bureau report in order to attempt to locate a deposit account customer who is currently in arrears and has skipped out on us."

I'm confused - DDA or loan? Currently "in arrears" suggests loan and there should be something in your contract (loan) agreements. I do not think it can be used to find a DDA customer, unless the arrears is referring to an overdraft.

Besides google, Facebook might be search engine to use

Return to Top
#1912609 - 04/08/14 03:02 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
It is a demand deposit account that is overdrawn with a customer who has disappeared.

Return to Top
#1914775 - 04/15/14 09:57 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
What does your account disclosure say? Does it indicate that your institution has the right to pull Consumer Reports, including credit bureau's?

Return to Top
#1914799 - 04/16/14 10:14 AM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If the customer is overdrawn, you have extended credit and are attempting to collect it. According to the FCRA, a consumer report can be provided:

(3) To a person which it has reason to believe

(A) intends to use the information in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extension of credit to, or review or collection of an account of, the consumer; or

Return to Top
#1915788 - 04/18/14 04:03 PM Re: Appropriate To Pull Credit Report On A Skip? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Many thanks to all.

A look at our disclosures found we reserved the right to pull reports and the information Ken provides in his post was used to further validate the decision to pull a report.

Return to Top