Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52
Thread Options
#1865644 - 10/28/13 06:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
So now that you three have finished it, is it worth reading? I loved Acheron's book, but since then the series has been in a pretty steady decline and I'd pretty much written it off. I haven't been able to decide if I want to commit to reading Styxx or not.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1865679 - 10/28/13 06:53 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I really don't know what to recommend. I wish they were lendable and you could just read my copy. I have to say that Acheron's suffering has nothing on Styxx. I really don't know how this book fits into the mix. I think I need to reread the last 10% or so. Let me think on it and let you know. Takes me a while to process you know. smirk

ETA: Acheron DOES NOT come off as a good guy for the majority of this book.
Last edited by RR Sarah; 10/28/13 06:54 PM.

Return to Top
#1865692 - 10/28/13 07:08 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OK, thanks. In that case - I need more recommendations for reading material. I'm out again!

Return to Top
#1865763 - 10/28/13 08:40 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
So now that you three have finished it, is it worth reading? I loved Acheron's book, but since then the series has been in a pretty steady decline and I'd pretty much written it off. I haven't been able to decide if I want to commit to reading Styxx or not.

Overall, it was good. But be prepared, like RR Sarah said, Ash's background is nothing compared toStyxx. It's very dark and depressing, but I liked having the other side to the story. And I liked how it ended.

As far as other reading material, I've been out and I hate it. I started reading the Eternal Guardian series by Elizabeth Naughton. Just on book 2, but I like it so far.

Return to Top
#1865784 - 10/28/13 09:36 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
OK, thanks. In that case - I need more recommendations for reading material. I'm out again!

That makes me laugh at myself. I finished Julie Garwood's Hotshot this weekend and perused my electronic TBR pile for the next book. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. It was like looking in my closet. I've got nothing to read. Away I went to Amazon and downloaded the new JD Robb. grin This, in spite of the books waiting to be read.

Return to Top
#1865847 - 10/29/13 01:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Whenever I am out of material I re-read the Brothers. Always puts me in a fine mood. smile That being said, I am WAY behind with my TBR list.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1866067 - 10/29/13 05:22 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Whenever I am out of reading material I re-read Julie Garwood. They are my all time favs.

Return to Top
#1893647 - 02/04/14 10:33 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
So anyone reading/read the new Larrisa Ione Demonica series book, Reaver? I'm not quite halfway, but I'm liking it so far.

Return to Top
#1893715 - 02/05/14 03:09 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I have a few of her books on my kindle, I really need to try them. You like them?

And speaking of KMM (thread title), I heard she pushed back Burned to a January 2015 release date (had already been pushed back from April to July). I want to be angry, but her books are so good I know it will be worth the very long wait.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1893735 - 02/05/14 03:30 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I have Reaver but haven't read it yet. Can't decide if I want to save it for vacation reading or not.

Return to Top
#1895749 - 02/11/14 02:46 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I am reading Kane's book (LOTU). I had to reread the end of Paris's to understand what's going on, but now I got it.

It's not bad. Not amazing, either. Gena Showalter's books have forever changed how I'll look at showers, though. laugh laugh laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1895831 - 02/11/14 04:16 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
<<<<< Hasn't read LOTU. Currently reading the first Dark Witch book by Nora Roberts. So far behind, but still buying/downloading books like I have a 3 month vacation coming up soon. grin crazy

Return to Top
#1914821 - 04/16/14 01:00 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Just this morning I saw a book trailer for a new series by Donna Grant called The Dark Kings... Anyone have any experience with her writing? It looks like there are (at least) 3 books coming out, starting with one at the end of April. And I think the men might turn into dragons....

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1914848 - 04/16/14 02:01 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I've read some Donna Grant and actually have read a couple in the Dark King series. I'll have to go back and see if I can remember more about them.

Return to Top
#1914865 - 04/16/14 02:25 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Sarah
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I did a quick look back. In 2012 Donna Grant published the first four books in the Dark Kings series. Technically they're probably novellas because they are about 100 pages a piece. I read the first three. Not sure why I stopped there because I did like them. Prior to that I read her Dark Sword (Highlanders with a twist) and Dark Warrior series. Dark Warriors is a continuation of Dark Sword and I have not kept up. Again, don't know why because I enjoyed them.

Return to Top
#1914867 - 04/16/14 02:28 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Hm. Interesting! The trailer made it look like these three books were all brand new. I wonder if she made full length novels this time? I'll have to take a look. Thanks RR Sarah!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1914873 - 04/16/14 02:32 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
You're welcome! From the brief look that I had, it looked like she was re-releasing the first four and then continuing the series on from there. Probably have to put them on my TBR list. smile

Return to Top
#1914909 - 04/16/14 02:56 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
These keep popping up in my recommendations. Thanks for the mini-review. I might have to give them a shot!
Last edited by RR Becca; 04/16/14 02:57 PM. Reason: tangled fingers

Return to Top
#1914924 - 04/16/14 03:04 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I've never read a dragons book before. This would be a first for me! The covers look mighty nice though!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1914928 - 04/16/14 03:06 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Her Dark Sword series is my favorite and the Dark Warriors is a continuation on those. But yeah, the dragons were (are) good too.

And you know, there is a fair amount of "romance". wink

Return to Top
#1914929 - 04/16/14 03:07 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Oh really????????????????????????

laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1914931 - 04/16/14 03:07 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
grin

Return to Top
#1914933 - 04/16/14 03:08 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Okay I'm officially seeking her out. I'm almost done with The Guild Series and could use something fresh. grin

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1918443 - 04/29/14 04:10 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Burning Dawn is out today, for all your Gena Showalter/Angels of the Dark series fans. grin

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1918460 - 04/29/14 04:23 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By: manimal
Burning Dawn is out today, for all your Gena Showalter/Angels of the Dark series fans. grin

I just noticed that. I'm not as excited about this one, I don't know why. I'm sure I will like it once I get into it.

Return to Top
Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52